• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
RadiantChronicle971
Gamer

Trade Count: (0)
32 posts 10 threads Joined: Oct 2018

03-28-2019, 02:20 AM -
Hey guys, Radiant Chronicle 971 here.
I have a problem with the Demul emulator: SOUND DISTORTION.
It happens with many games.

I had tried so many workarounds for this but nothing worked - and it has to do either with my CPU or with my video card.
CPU: Core 2 Duo
GPU: Nvidia GT 620

Should I get a new PC for Demul?
WE ARE RADIANT!!!
COUNTRY ROADS, TAKE ME HOME!!!!!! TO THE PLACE I BELONG!!!
WEST VIRGINIA!!!!!
PinKy
Made in China

85 posts 18 threads Joined: Oct 2018

03-28-2019, 04:19 AM -
You never said what version or plug ins you were trying to use.

Different version have different results. I would be trying to use 5.6 with legacy plugin on that machine

Lower compatibility, but runs smoother on older stuff.

Let us know what your using, maybe we can helpSmile
This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 05:49 AM by PinKy. Edited 1 time in total.
RadiantChronicle971
Gamer

32 posts 10 threads Joined: Oct 2018

03-28-2019, 04:57 AM -
The version of Demul that I am using which had that problem is 0.7 x86 BUILD 111117 - the one with support for Akai Katana and the stable version apparently.
WE ARE RADIANT!!!
COUNTRY ROADS, TAKE ME HOME!!!!!! TO THE PLACE I BELONG!!!
WEST VIRGINIA!!!!!
PinKy
Made in China

85 posts 18 threads Joined: Oct 2018

03-28-2019, 05:49 AM -
O.K
I did do a test with this version on an older machine...

This version had issues on my older AMD, quite a few errors.

I know this game does work on MAME as of  2017, It also works on older Demul version's such as 5.6

Try using another version of Demul is my answer.
I have mixed results with this emulator over different machines.

Also, I know that the Japanese version "Akatsuki_Bk_Ausf_Achse" works on older versions.

To use this version, you must select your bios.

Config tab> Naomi Bios>  un-tick "auto" and select  21576 Japan or similar
File tab> run Naomi>  Select on bottom "Run Decrypted Rom" and select the Bin I have uploaded for you Here

I'll place a full set of files for this thing in the near future:)

Now I see your talking DC...oops

Def try using another Version. Demul can be a strain on older CPU's. Great emu if you have the power.
For DC, there are better alternatives unless your running 3ghz++

Also, Demul likes GDI versions, others do not seem to work so well.
This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 06:10 AM by PinKy. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: oops DC
vince16
Alien

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2020

09-27-2020, 08:22 PM -
(03-28-2019, 05:49 AM)PinKy Wrote: O.K

I know this game does work on MAME as of  2017, It also works on older Demul version's such as 5.6

Also, I know that the Japanese version "Akatsuki_Bk_Ausf_Achse" works on older versions.

File tab> run Naomi>  Select on bottom "Run Decrypted Rom" and select the Bin I have uploaded for you Here

I'll place a full set of files for this thing in the near futureSmile

Def try using another Version. Demul can be a strain on older CPU's. Great emu if you have the power.

How am I supposed to do when the game runs on AtomisWave and we're not given the option on Demul 0.7 to change the  bios? I have the same problem, sound bugs,  distorted w/e you wanna call it, and it's a pain in the a$$ because I've wanted to play Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star for so long, and I can't in good conditions. I used to run this game perfectly on (much, much) older hardware, and it ran perfectly, but not anymore. So I doubt it has anything to do with having a beefier PC. 
That said, the problem seems to have mostly disappeared with HnK/FotNS now that I've enabled V-Sync and changed the video plugin to "old"w/e and reduced the resolution down to the native one. But it's still there with other games, like Dolphin Blue...

To add insult to injury, Demul won't let me map the controls to the D-pad of my DualShock 4 controller (for the PS4 console), which makes HnK/FotNOS totally unplayable for me, with only the left analog stick, especially considering the fact that diagonals are not recognized at all by that emulator, so special attacks are impossible to pull off... I mean, not even a fireball (Down, Down-Forward, Forward + P or w/e). Or is it just with a DS4?

Is there a known workaround to the latter problem, pls?

(03-28-2019, 05:49 AM)PinKy Wrote: O.K

I'll place a full set of files for this thing in the near futureSmile

How am I supposed to do when the game runs on AtomisWave and we're not given the option on Demul 0.7 to change the  bios? I have the same problem, sound bugs,  distorted w/e you wanna call it, and it's a pain in the a$$ because I've wanted to play Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star for so long, and I can't in good conditions. I used to run this game perfectly on (much, much) older hardware, and it ran perfectly, but not anymore. So I doubt it has anything to do with having a beefier PC. 
That said, the problem seems to have mostly disappeared with HnK/FotNS now that I've enabled V-Sync and changed the video plugin to "old"w/e and reduced the resolution down to the native one. But it's still there with other games, like Dolphin Blue...

To add insult to injury, Demul won't let me map the controls to the D-pad of my DualShock 4 controller (for the PS4 console), which makes HnK/FotNOS totally unplayable for me, with only the left analog stick, especially considering the fact that diagonals are not recognized at all by that emulator, so special attacks are impossible to pull off... I mean, not even a fireball (Down, Down-Forward, Forward + P or w/e). Or is it just with a DS4?

This post was last modified: 09-27-2020, 08:23 PM by vince16.
Kremiso
Site Supporter

461 posts 41 threads Joined: Oct 2018

10-01-2020, 08:17 AM -
(09-27-2020, 08:22 PM)vince16 Wrote: [quote pid="10225" dateline="1553752158"]

[/quote]

Demul is an emulator, so not perfect
if you want try Atomisware games, you can try also Flycast
via Retroarch or directly (a good computer is required)

latest standalone builds :

https://flyinghead.github.io/flycast-builds/
[Image: cfa05c5c3b4dbaadfb5b25993f2823d7.jpg]
vince16
Alien

10-07-2020, 01:24 PM -
(10-01-2020, 08:17 AM)Kremiso Wrote:
(09-27-2020, 08:22 PM)vince16 Wrote: [quote pid="10225" dateline="1553752158"]

Demul is an emulator, so not perfect
if you want try Atomisware games, you can try also Flycast
via Retroarch or directly (a good computer is required)

latest standalone builds :

https://flyinghead.github.io/flycast-builds/
[/quote]

I know emulators are not perfect but... for the most part they get the job done, and pretty well at that. Except for Demul, which is kind of trash IMHO. So i followed your advice and downloaded the Flycast core from Retroarch, but when I select "browse archive" the game isn't launched, and I get some message telling me "content couldn't be loaded" or w/e.
I also gave it a try as a standalone emulator (i.e. not a "core", not using Retroarch), and I have to say that all the AtomisWave and Naomi games that run like crap (well, esp. the AW games) on Demul seem to run flawlessly on FC, but I can't configure the controls on my DualShock 4, so no dice again.

Is there something in particular you're supposed to do to get Flycast in Retroarch to work? I tried loading the AW roms from my MAMEUI64 0.223 dossier (which are actually the roms for the 0.224 build of MAME, but w/e), I tried creating a new dossier with the fotns (Fist of the North Star) and awbios files in it... doesn't work either way. It's such a bummer because Flycast seems to run AtomisWave games really good, I mean, even 18 Wheeler, which doesn't work in demul07_180428, seems to run without a problem in standalone Flycast (version r7-rc1-3019-ga9f1a896)
Huh
This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 01:26 PM by vince16. Edited 1 time in total.
Kremiso
Site Supporter

10-07-2020, 03:07 PM -
@vince16 what i meant is that sadly still there isn't a perfect emulator for the Dreamcast itself, so for the Naomi or Atomisware is even a worse situation

each emulator have his pro/cons, ie i still prefer NullDC, but it does not emulate Naomi/Atomisware
and also each emulator can run some games better than others  At

about your issue in loading games, it seems to me a not yet implemented compatibility with the latest MAME roms perhaps, i mean in the latest Flycast build maybe, could be wrong of course

have you seen the latest test working list? Atomisware is on the bottom :
https://flyinghead.github.io/flycast-bui...sh=1713124

maybe you can find useful info in the official Flycast wiki :
https://github.com/TheArcadeStriker/flycast-wiki/wiki

seems there is something useful about required Atomisware roms and MAME ones

or in this retroarch-flycast official tutorial :
https://docs.libretro.com/library/flycast/

i can't help you better than this because i use it only for Dreamcast games, in standalone form
good luck Wink
This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 03:38 PM by Kremiso. Edited 3 times in total.
vince16
Alien

10-08-2020, 11:33 AM -
(10-07-2020, 03:07 PM)Kremiso Wrote: @vince16 what i meant is that sadly still there isn't a perfect emulator for the Dreamcast itself, so for the Naomi or Atomisware is even a worse situation

each emulator have his pro/cons, ie i still prefer NullDC, but it does not emulate Naomi/Atomisware
and also each emulator can run some games better than others  At

about your issue in loading games, it seems to me a not yet implemented compatibility with the latest MAME roms perhaps, i mean in the latest Flycast build maybe, could be wrong of course

have you seen the latest test working list? Atomisware is on the bottom :
https://flyinghead.github.io/flycast-bui...sh=1713124

maybe you can find useful info in the official Flycast wiki :
https://github.com/TheArcadeStriker/flycast-wiki/wiki

seems there is something useful about required Atomisware roms and MAME ones

or in this retroarch-flycast official tutorial :
https://docs.libretro.com/library/flycast/

i can't help you better than this because i use it only for Dreamcast games, in standalone form
good luck Wink

Thank you  Wink

I somehow got Flycast (standalone version) to work, and I can finally enjoy The Fist of the North Star the way it's meant to be played (except, without a joystick  Sad ), and in widescreen, too! Other games like Crazy Taxi work too, so does 18 Wheeler, although I'm forced to keep a button pressed all the time to keep the clutching lever in the right position at a certain speed in this one, but it's doable, even though it's a super hard game. I tried to enter Test mode to lower the difficulty, but couldn't find any difficulty-related option... Is it normal?

And on that Flycast Test Result link you provided (thanks again for that), they mention several games as working, like Spawn, but plenty of those games tell me there's something wrong with the arcade cabinet and to change that in the "System Assignment" menu, so I went there, but couldn't find anything wrong or what I had to alter for the game to work.

Outrigger for example is another game they mention as working, and it sure does, but apparently it's a game that's supposed to be played with a Trackball, and since there's no such thing on a DualShock 4, I can't shoot in any direction but forward. Is there a known workaround for that? Shouldn't the right stick on the DS4 allow me to do that?

I can't play The House of the Dead 2 either for the same reason, the crosshair won't move away from the center of the screen.

Well, thanks for your help anyway. I finally get to play FOTNS so it's all that matters, I suppose. 
Kremiso
Site Supporter

10-19-2020, 08:07 AM -
@vince16 seems a couple of those issues are already posted in the official flycast bug tracker
maybe you'll find some solutions into :

https://github.com/libretro/flycast/issues

i.e. this one ? (despite without answer yet it seems) :

https://github.com/libretro/flycast/issues/924

my hint is to post in that forum your mainly issues, one at a time it seems, or they did not answer lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demul graphic problem. [SOLVED] Randummy1 8 4,013 11-10-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Sabkahn