Retro Zone

Full Version: scalper prices for quality retro gaming cables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It wasn't long ago that I purchased some S-Video cables from thefoo.83 for my Saturn and Nintendo 64, which are incredible compared to the crappy ones you'll find on Amazon, I believe each cable was around $13 + $10 shipped and the image is as perfect as it can get going through a RetroTINK 2x. No jail-bars or checkerboard patterns on either cable, nothing.

I was looking on Castlemania Games website and noticed an S-Video cable for the Saturn and Nintendo 64 for $42.99 by Retro Access.

I know these are quality products and I'm thankful these options exist, but $42.99 for any S-video cable is insane.
Supply & Demand. I wouldn't pay it but i guess some do.
Just look on ebay and sort by price, lowest to highest. I believe the only thing wrong with my cheap Saturn s-video cables is that left and right may be mixed up. Oh no.
(05-06-2019, 10:46 AM)retro_zoner Wrote: [ -> ]It wasn't long ago that I purchased some S-Video cables from thefoo.83 for my Saturn and Nintendo 64, which are incredible compared to the crappy ones you'll find on Amazon, I believe each cable was around $13 + $10 shipped and the image is as perfect as it can get going through a RetroTINK 2x. No jail-bars or checkerboard patterns on either cable, nothing.

I was looking on Castlemania Games website and noticed an S-Video cable for the Saturn and Nintendo 64 for $42.99 by Retro Access.

I know these are quality products and I'm thankful these options exist, but $42.99 for any S-video cable is insane.

Look at the prices of stupid"enthusiast" scamm"high end" cables for audio and video and prepare to cry.
(05-07-2019, 07:32 PM)shiva2004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2019, 10:46 AM)retro_zoner Wrote: [ -> ]It wasn't long ago that I purchased some S-Video cables from thefoo.83 for my Saturn and Nintendo 64, which are incredible compared to the crappy ones you'll find on Amazon, I believe each cable was around $13 + $10 shipped and the image is as perfect as it can get going through a RetroTINK 2x. No jail-bars or checkerboard patterns on either cable, nothing.

Look at the prices of stupid"enthusiast" scamm"high end" cables for audio and video and prepare to cry.
Yeah I've seen HDMI cables up in the hundreds, and I've seen the stupid prices of the GameCube component cables for $250+ when you can just get a Wii bundle for less than $60 and component cables for it to play GameCube games. But the prices of these S-Video cables are pretty stupid, I could see $20 at the most and thats pushing it. Its not like you can't get quality S-Video cables for these systems for a more affordable price if you look around or wait for thefoo.83 to put more up for sale.
yeah i myself have been looking into an n64 to hdmi adapter and they are 50 and up if you can find one..
kind of sucks to have to shell out so much coin especially since i would need 4 or 5 different systems cords
hell i'll just stick with the crt for the older stuff .500 plus is not worth the pic quality i would get from all my systems .
You can still get high quality cables that were made BITD on ebay for good prices. Just look around. I know people like to trash mad catz, but they had some good cables years ago. I've got a set of those universal 3 in 1 cables and they work great.

These are pricey because they're new, but you can find them used for less than $10

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MADCATZ-6015-Un...SwpwFc7AiI
Eh, i'm not as picky about quality when it comes to cables. My requirements are not visible lines, interference, or anything of that nature. If there's a bit when the screen is just black, but not when a picture is displayed, I don't have an issue. Hell I'm replaying MGS2 and 3 on my PS2 on my 40 inch with a 6 dollar PS2 to HDMI adapter I bought on Wish! It looks just as good as, if not a bit better, than the rgb cables! Seems a bit clearer to me, as my cables seem to have poor shielding, so i get green lines unless I play with the cables a while.