Help a newbie

#1. Post Posted: 11-24-2018, 12:58 AM
Question 
Hi guys!

I'm new to the Forum and new to Xbox modding as well. Trying to learn as I go!

Ive just finished softmodding and TSOP flashing a 1.4 Halo Special Edition Xbox with EvoX M8+ 256k Bios and upgraded the HDD. I plan on doing more of these, but I'd like to get myself all the files I need and build a nice HDD image when I've got this all sorted.

I also plan on making a full tutorial on how I modded my xbox (as I feel most are outdated or are missing information for the general noob like me to understand) from start to finish with links to all resources.

I've got to give
JCrocky5
 some credit, his tutorials and files helped me a bunch (check out his channel lots of good tutorials)

I did have a question though, I have little knowledge of whats going on in the background here, but I originally softmodded my xbox (before upgrading the HDD) with JCrocky5's softmod which he has been keeping up to date but because I upgraded my HDD, HeXEn 2018 put unleashX dashboard on the new HDD. How would I go about putting JCrocky5's dashboard and softmod back on? is it as simple as popping splinter cell back in and running the exploit or will I need to wipe my drive? Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm just trying to learn as I go!

Also I noticed all the rom sites are getting cracked down on, I'd like to start building an xbox rom library, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?
#2. Post Posted: 11-24-2018, 05:50 AM
welcome Smile Smile
[Image: 5a53f2036538c_Commodore64.png.94d004ef3d...3c51dd.png]
[Image: camaras-01.gif]
#3. Post Posted: 11-25-2018, 03:16 AM
(11-24-2018, 05:50 AM)damotheking Wrote: welcome Smile Smile

Thanks my dude!
#4. Post Posted: 11-25-2018, 02:37 PM
Hello and Welcome  Deep fri.    

TSOP isn't my thing. But from what I have gathered that if you use it you don't have to go through the dashboard reinstall while putting in a new hdd. Not knowing how to use a TSOP I would just do a new clean install with Rocky`s + Splintercell. Its pretty easy anyways. So good luck and hope to see you about.
#5. Post Posted: 11-25-2018, 04:08 PM
Welcome![Image: enhanced-3981-1408636792-6.jpg?downsize=...ality=auto]
here's the link 
23 foods you need to deep fry

#6. Post Posted: 11-26-2018, 08:24 AM
(11-25-2018, 04:08 PM)Gamerone Wrote: Welcome![Image: enhanced-3981-1408636792-6.jpg?downsize=...ality=auto]
here's the link 
23 foods you need to deep fry

Lmao thank you so much for this!

(11-25-2018, 02:37 PM)Acr250rider Wrote: Hello and Welcome  Deep fri.    

TSOP isn't my thing. But from what I have gathered that if you use it you don't have to go through the dashboard reinstall while putting in a new hdd. Not knowing how to use a TSOP I would just do a new clean install with Rocky`s + Splintercell. Its pretty easy anyways. So good luck and hope to see you about.

Ill give it a shot my dude, Ive got another HDD coming in the mail with a bit more space so it cant hurt... my hard drive at least
#7. Post Posted: 11-26-2018, 10:12 AM
So ah bad news, I think ive potentially broken my softmod, I can go into more detail, but currently my dash will not load, although, I can boot from disc, before I do any other stupid stuff like this, is there anything that needs to be backed up before I go any further?

I feel at this stage I need to do a full clean / re softmod, does anyone know the most thorough way to do this at all?
#8. Post Posted: 11-30-2018, 09:28 AM
It seems tsop and softmod on the same system can create conflicts. see this for more details
https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/co...ky5s_xbox/
#9. Post Posted: 12-26-2018, 10:48 PM
i look forward to your guide
#10. Post Posted: 12-29-2018, 02:49 AM
You don't install a softmod after flashing the TSOP. Use one modding method or the other. (soft or hard)

TSOP is a hardmod method that replaces the need for a softmod to be installed.

The dashboard from Rocky5's softmod is UnleashX 0.39.0528A Build 584 hex edited to fix one or two bugs. The main one being extraneous text in the root directory listing, drive letters, when FTPing to the Xbox using the FileZilla PC client.  Making it impossible to double click enter a drive to browse the content. You have to key in the remote path (e.g., /C/) to enter the drive.  Once inside the drive/partition, double clicking subfolders to enter them works.

Rocky5's
Xbox Softmodding Tool Skins
for UnleashX are available to add to UnleashX installed by the Hexen disc.

The patched UnleashX executable -
UX.xbe
, rename and replace the current UnleashX default.xbe - is available from Rocky5's
github repo
for the Xbox Softmodding Tool.
Jump To: