Dreamcast very picky with games

#11. Post Posted: 01-15-2019, 03:34 PM
lol, at time i got also an infamous scph-1001 ps1, that you need to put upside down to correct read games  Dodgy
now i play ps1 games mainly via pc, but the console still works, although in that crappy way Smile

going back to topic subject, im interested too about the GDemu, i know .gdi images works perfectly;
what i don't know, is if it's possible run emulators and homebrews with it...
GDemu users, please share Smile

(01-15-2019, 03:34 PM)Kremiso Wrote: lol, at time i got also an infamous scph-1001 ps1

can't EDIT scph-1002, not 1001
[Image: cfa05c5c3b4dbaadfb5b25993f2823d7.jpg]
#12. Post Posted: 03-12-2019, 07:35 AM
Update on this one. I sourced a known to be good drive from someone I trust, he replaced his drive with a GDEmu and I got his old GD-Unit. And while it is a lot quieter and a bit quicker, it didn´t help to solve the original issue.

The exact same games that didn´t work on my old drive don´t work on the new one either in the exact same way, i.e. V-Rally 2 gets to the Sega Boot screen at best and the Console tells me to insert a game disc, Ready to Rumble 1 locks up when loading any fight. The discs I have issues with are in flawless condition, not a single scratch or any noticable discoloration. My System is a PAL machine, drives are from PAL machines and I have issues with some games from all 3 mayor Regions (PAL, JAP, US) while other games from all regions work without issues. Like mentioned earlier in the topic I´m only using legit, pressed games.
My personal, not-so-fancy blog about Theme Parks and related media with some other stuff sprinkled in.

https://www.dive-loop.com/
#13. Post Posted: 03-12-2019, 10:31 AM
I had similar issues with one of my DC's, and I thought it was a drive issue too... but in my case it turned out to be the AV connector not making a good enough connection - this would mean some games would boot-loop on the Sega screen, some would randomly reset to the Sega screen, and some would return to the file menu after reaching the Sega screen.

I was using the Behar Bros Akura box at the time, and found that switching back to RGB SCART fixed the issues. I contacted the Behar Bros, who sent me a new DC-to-Akura connector and my problems were fixed.

It might not be the same issue you're having, but it's still probably worth checking that the outputs are firmly connected and try some different cables if you can.
#14. Post Posted: 03-12-2019, 12:00 PM
Considering a lot of games run fine I somehow doubt that´s the issue, but I´ll look into it anyway since my VGA Box is from the time when the Dreamcast was still in Production, so yeah, it could be faulty by now. I´ll try the games with my Composite cable and if that work´s I have the perfect excuse to order a Behar Bros device Lol
My personal, not-so-fancy blog about Theme Parks and related media with some other stuff sprinkled in.

#15. Post Posted: 03-12-2019, 02:50 PM
I´m not into DC, but I heard in order to burn DC Games successfully, you need to use DiscJuggler. Maybe the non-functional discs are not burned with DiscJuggler.
Hopefully it´ll help you out tho
#16. Post Posted: 03-12-2019, 02:53 PM
(03-12-2019, 02:50 PM)prolerino Wrote: I´m not into DC, but I heard in order to burn DC Games successfully, you need to use DiscJuggler. Maybe the non-functional discs are not burned with DiscJuggler.

I wish I could live in a world where people read and understand something they are commenting on properly

#17. Post Posted: 03-12-2019, 05:01 PM
(03-12-2019, 02:50 PM)prolerino Wrote: Maybe the non-functional discs are not burned with DiscJuggler.

I think you could be right... unless I'm wrong in presuming that Sega don't use Disk Juggler to author their GDroms.
#18. Post Posted: 03-12-2019, 06:17 PM
^^ I have no problem burning my retail discs with imgburn (+ pluggins) Lol

On a serious note, i can only think of trying with an AV cable instead of the VGA box although i'm sure V-rally (for example) was ok with mine. I thought the reason was gonna be the optical unit so when you changed that and it didn't work i was surprised. Best of luck getting a resolution on this one, its a shame to have games that won't play.
#19. Post Posted: 03-12-2019, 07:13 PM
(03-12-2019, 02:53 PM)Sabkahn Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 02:50 PM)prolerino Wrote: I´m not into DC, but I heard in order to burn DC Games successfully, you need to use DiscJuggler. Maybe the non-functional discs are not burned with DiscJuggler.

I wish I could live in a world where people read and understand something they are commenting on properly

Damn, somehow I skipped your post about the Legit Game Discs, my bad. Still there´s no need to be toxic tho Wink
#20. Post Posted: 03-12-2019, 07:19 PM
(03-12-2019, 07:13 PM)prolerino Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 02:53 PM)Sabkahn Wrote:

Damn, somehow I skipped your post about the Legit Game Discs, my bad. Still there´s no need to be toxic tho Wink

Dude, first off, it was mentioned in the Original, first Post of the Topic, it was mentioned in my first reply in this Topic and it was mentioned again in the first Post I made today. Plenty of chances to see that when reading through the topic.

Second, nobody was or is toxic, we are just not here to protect special snowflakes that make comments unrelated to the issue because the snowflake didn't take the time to read the topic he commented in anyway.

Jump To:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weird issue with a dreamcast freezing for cut scenes . iamthegamefreak 6 365 06-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Biggsy666
  need help fixing my VA0 dreamcast dreamcast459 0 224 04-25-2019, 05:50 AM
Last Post: dreamcast459
  Ripping burned sega dreamcast games in .cdi format cvskid 2 1,528 11-12-2018, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Randummy1