Xbox v 1.0 don' t turn on

shadowthe004

Hello everyone,

I have several xbox first series, one of which specifically v 1.0 with modchip and hdd replaced with a sata that I keep as primary, initially this was hard to turn on, that is when I pressed the power button after about 3 seconds it turned on but then everything worked perfectly .. after months of inactivity I go to turn it on again and it is completely dead it does not turn on .. what can it depend on? I immediately thought about the power supply can it be?

Another question, the modded hdd that I removed from this xbox with lots of games inside etc. how can i easily reuse it on another xbox i own with chip without going to format and reinstall all the stuff inside from scratch? (This hdd basically I removed it because it had started to make a fuss in editing and writing data, but I would still like to reuse it because only for reading the data that is already inside it is fine)

It could be anything from trace damage to the capacitors, to the power supply. In your case I would suspect the power supply because that was my issue. if that doesn't solve your issue make sure you remove the clock capacitor and check the underside for trace damage, if there is none then you need to replace the caps. Make sure the clock cap is removed period, it is a capacitor just for keeping the date and time and is not needed, they tend to leak destroying the board.

As long as both Xbox's are hard modded and the hard drive is unlocked you can hotswap between hard modded Xbox's without messing with anything. This wont work with a softmodded Xbox, and if you unlock a hard drive on a softmodded Xbox you're screwed if you don't have a backup of the eeprom and key.

It could be anything from trace damage to the capacitors, to the power supply. In your case I would suspect the power supply because that was my issue. if that doesn't solve your issue make sure you remove the clock capacitor and check the underside for trace damage, if there is none then you need to replace the caps. Make sure the clock cap is removed period, it is a capacitor just for keeping the date and time and is not needed, they tend to leak destroying the board.

As long as both Xbox's are hard modded and the hard drive is unlocked you can hotswap between hard modded Xbox's without messing with anything. This wont work with a softmodded Xbox, and if you unlock a hard drive on a softmodded Xbox you're screwed if you don't have a backup of the eeprom and key.

I forgot to write this detail, the clock capacitor was already removed when the console was still working (even if it delayed those 3 seconds before turning on). For this reason I suspected the power supply. I have already ordered another one to replace. So will this be it ??
In any case, tomorrow I open it and try to understand if there are traces of corrosion even if it seems to me that I have never seen any. Where exactly should I look? In the lower part of the "mobo" or in the upper part that you immediately see as soon as you remove the lid? In that case I can post photos because I may not be experienced enough to understand if something is damaged

For the hdd they are both modchips so I shouldn't have problems removing it and inserting it in the other xbox? But do I have to unlock it first? How you do it? Can you tell me a guide or explain me quickly?

There's no way for me to tell you exactly what's wrong with it as it could be a number of things and I don't have your Xbox right in front of me, best advice I can give you is try the easiest solutions first.

- First swap the power supply and see if it boots, if it does problem solved.
- If that doesn't work look at the capacitors around the heatsinks, if you see any of them bulging they will need to be replaced. There is a chance they could still be bad without bulging, but change them as a last resort if nothing has fixed it.
- Check the underside of the motherboard just under where the clock cap would be, look at and follow the traces closest to the edge of the board. If you see a spot where it looks like the trace is eaten away you'll need to run a jumper wire by following one end of the trace to the other, you can easily find guides on this.

You will need to use the latest HeXEn disc to unlock the HDD, but make sure the Xbox is hard modded first because a softmodded Xbox requires a locked HDD and wont boot otherwise.

There's no way for me to tell you exactly what's wrong with it as it could be a number of things and I don't have your Xbox right in front of me, best advice I can give you is try the easiest solutions first.

- First swap the power supply and see if it boots, if it does problem solved.
- If that doesn't work look at the capacitors around the heatsinks, if you see any of them bulging they will need to be replaced. There is a chance they could still be bad without bulging, but change them as a last resort if nothing has fixed it.
- Check the underside of the motherboard just under where the clock cap would be, look at and follow the traces closest to the edge of the board. If you see a spot where it looks like the trace is eaten away you'll need to run a jumper wire by following one end of the trace to the other, you can easily find guides on this.

You will need to use the latest HeXEn disc to unlock the HDD, but make sure the Xbox is hard modded first because a softmodded Xbox requires a locked HDD and wont boot otherwise.
The power supply arrived a few days ago, I replaced the part and everything started up again!
I wanted to thank you for the advice, thank you very much!

Back