Retro Zone
chit chat about updates - Printable Version

+- Retro Zone (https://retrozone.co/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://retrozone.co/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Chit-Chat (https://retrozone.co/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: chit chat about updates (/thread-1631.html)

Pages: 1 2

chit chat about updates - Kremiso - 10-03-2019

It's becoming all too much frenetic, fast
what the hell is happening?
ALL need to be updated, continuously...

your PC (os) needs to be updated Dodgy 
your antivirus needs to be updated Dodgy 
your new games too need to be updated Dodgy
all your software check continuously for updates Dodgy 
you only open Steam and first wait for updates Dodgy 

all the fucking new tech systems need after a while an update, or start soon to have strange issues/slowdowns
imo it's a conspiracy, or it's ALL already decided from the industry puppeteer

try to install a new browser, at first it's smooth and fast, seems better than your previous one
after a week, 'there's an update', well, if you try to skip that, it strangely becomes slower

on tablets and smartphones all this is even worse, a nightmare

who decided for all this shit ? how do you fit in this generation, are you really satisfied of how it's going ?

personally, as a retrogamer 'update' IS a paradox  At

RE: chit chat about updates - Biggsy666 - 10-04-2019

Any chance of an update on this post Lol

RE: chit chat about updates - Kremiso - 10-04-2019

Smile 
update
...and this last is the most user friendly generation...
where ? at all imo, its all wrong

take out an atari 2600, or a nes, or a megadrive, insert a cartridge and play, THAT is user friendly

what time is it? where am i?
lol middle age crysis, i want a time machine already setted to 80s, NOW!!!

RE: chit chat about updates - GamingWizardC75 - 10-04-2019

I want my own Time Machine.

RE: chit chat about updates - FFTHEWINNER - 10-05-2019

indeed. it is especially annoying with the Xbox one. like damn lol. i needed to download like 150GB or more for quantum break alone XD

RE: chit chat about updates - SasaPinjic - 10-05-2019

Definition of software Update=proces that  continues to anoy  with no reason at all.

Example:
I fed up with all ads on Chrome on my phone,so i tried Brave,and first 2 days it was fine, no ads ,and same speed.
Third day ,it is slow as feck , ads still not show up ,but pages reload at snail speed .
Reason, update.

RE: chit chat about updates - Kremiso - 10-05-2019

(10-05-2019, 01:16 AM)FFTHEWINNER Wrote: indeed. it is especially annoying with the Xbox one. like damn lol. i needed to download like 150GB or more for quantum break alone XD
My nephew can't play for a couple of days when there's a Fortnite update lol

(10-05-2019, 08:45 AM)SasaPinjic Wrote: Definition of software Update=proces that  continues to anoy  with no reason at all.

Example:
I fed up with all ads on Chrome on my phone,so i tried Brave,and first 2 days it was fine, no ads ,and same speed.
Third day ,it is slow as feck , ads still not show up ,but pages reload at snail speed .
Reason, update.
Exactly
pure nonsense, seems the update is not anymore a way to patch/fix something and let ALSO you to use the product, but only to put a time limit to the fun

RE: chit chat about updates - Biggsy666 - 10-05-2019

We need an update to stop all updates. I wanna put a disc in my console and play the game straight away, even a good old Speccy is quicker than some of these modern machines Lol

RE: chit chat about updates - GamingWizardC75 - 10-06-2019

Chrome eats all the Memory so that is why i don't use it for anything.

RE: chit chat about updates - Kremiso - 10-06-2019

(10-05-2019, 08:00 PM)Biggsy666 Wrote: We need an update to stop all updates. I wanna put a disc in my console and play the game straight away, even a good old Speccy is quicker than some of these modern machines Lol
lol, seeing also the high prices of new games, maybe they can sell directly an hdd with the game already installed  Tongue
(10-06-2019, 06:41 AM)GamingWizardC75 Wrote: Chrome eats all the Memory so that is why i don't use it for anything.
Firefox is becoming the same, and so many others
I mostly use an old Opera version with updates disabled, but, from a month now, im receiving messages that is not supported anymore