Retro Zone
Anyone tried ODROID? - Printable Version

+- Retro Zone (https://retrozone.co/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://retrozone.co/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Chat (https://retrozone.co/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone tried ODROID? (/thread-276.html)

Anyone tried ODROID? - wullie13 - 10-29-2018

seen these ODROID systems on ebay, i have used raspberry pi in the past with varying levels of success (poor n64 & dreamcast for example), the ODROID things apparently are much better? has anyone any experience of using one of these and if so would you recommend one?

RE: Anyone tried ODROID? - Matty - 10-29-2018

I hear the newest ODROID can run Wii games on Dolphin at default settings, but I haven't researched enough into them to give you a guaranteed answer on if it's worth it or not, I'd recommend looking at some reviews on YouTube and watching a newer ODROID in action.

RE: Anyone tried ODROID? - wullie13 - 10-30-2018

(10-29-2018, 08:40 PM)Matty Wrote: I hear the newest ODROID can run Wii games on Dolphin at default settings, but I haven't researched enough into them to give you a guaranteed answer on if it's worth it or not, I'd recommend looking at some reviews on YouTube and watching a newer ODROID in action.

i'm mainly interested in it for the dreamcast, n64, ps1, saturn stuff,my fav stuff thats not great on raspberry pi,  its small and i could take it to work on my night shifts.

RE: Anyone tried ODROID? - Matty - 10-30-2018

(10-30-2018, 04:43 PM)wullie13 Wrote:
(10-29-2018, 08:40 PM)Matty Wrote: I hear the newest ODROID can run Wii games on Dolphin at default settings, but I haven't researched enough into them to give you a guaranteed answer on if it's worth it or not, I'd recommend looking at some reviews on YouTube and watching a newer ODROID in action.

i'm mainly interested in it for the dreamcast, n64, ps1, saturn stuff,my fav stuff thats not great on raspberry pi,  its small and i could take it to work on my night shifts.

Well if it truly does run Wii emulator just fine at native settings, I imagine it will run those too at native resolution maybe even bumped up once or twice.

RE: Anyone tried ODROID? - IconicSpatulaJuice - 10-31-2018

Yeah wait for the Odoid-H2 to be released next month (December) and pick that up. It was running 4-player Mario Kart on the Wii so I think it'll give you really decent N64 and Dreamcast performance Smile

RE: Anyone tried ODROID? - Matty - 10-31-2018

(10-31-2018, 07:27 PM)IconicSpatulaJuice Wrote: Yeah wait for the Odoid-H2 to be released next month (December) and pick that up. It was running 4-player Mario Kart on the Wii so I think it'll give you really decent N64 and Dreamcast performance Smile

This is exciting news to hear!!! Can't wait to see it in action!

RE: Anyone tried ODROID? - wullie13 - 11-01-2018

(10-31-2018, 07:27 PM)IconicSpatulaJuice Wrote: Yeah wait for the Odoid-H2 to be released next month (December) and pick that up. It was running 4-player Mario Kart on the Wii so I think it'll give you really decent N64 and Dreamcast performance Smile

thanks, i never knew a new version was coming out, i think i will hold off buying just now.