Retro Zone
Movies based on video games - Printable Version

+- Retro Zone (https://retrozone.co/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://retrozone.co/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Chit-Chat (https://retrozone.co/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Movies based on video games (/thread-708.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Movies based on video games - HandySolo - 12-15-2018

Only 2 I liked were Final Fantasy the Spirits within and Resident Evil Damnation both CG movies.
That's it nothing else.

RE: Movies based on video games - SasaPinjic - 12-15-2018

Main Problem with making movies from games is that one who try to make that movie is  greedy bastard  , and usualy a complete moron ! 
 It is fine when you want to make a movie like Street Fighter, all you have to do is make a good fight scenes and trow a little related story tied to game , and you are fine. 
 But when you try to make a movie abaut main hero Plumber who eat mushrums in mushrom kingdom  and has loys of  mushroms friends and sidekicks , and his main oponents are turtles , that is pinacle of stupidity, you cant make a movie of that,  and thats still have game roots , dont try it morons .
 Oh , you still want to do it,because temptation is to great, you can get a lot of money from game fans ? Hope you will bancrupt with that movie then ,you greedy dumbass !

RE: Movies based on video games - Nux - 12-15-2018

(12-15-2018, 10:12 PM)SasaPinjic Wrote: Main Problem with making movies from games is that one who try to make that movie is  greedy bastard  , and usualy a complete moron ! 
 It is fine when you want to make a movie like Street Fighter, all you have to do is make a good fight scenes and trow a little related story tied to game , and you are fine. 
 But when you try to make a movie abaut main hero Plumber who eat mushrums in mushrom kingdom  and has loys of  mushroms friends and sidekicks , and his main oponents are turtles , that is pinacle of stupidity, you cant make a movie of that,  and thats still have game roots , dont try it morons .
 Oh , you still want to do it,because temptation is to great, you can get a lot of money from game fans ? Hope you will bancrupt with that movie then ,you greedy dumbass !

Actually there was a movie of Super Mario Bros. Lol turned out to be a total disaster

I hope there will never be a Duke Nukem movie (EVER) it'll be a total failure, something similar to this:

Lol

RE: Movies based on video games - SasaPinjic - 12-15-2018

I know, thats why i said you cant make a movie of that, at least not a movie that isnt complete crap lol

RE: Movies based on video games - dejang8722 - 12-15-2018

Sonic the Hedgehog movie is going to be live-action and this is synopsis from IMDb: "A cop in rural town of Green Hills will help Sonic escape from the government who is looking to capture him".  Huh

[Image: MV5BMTU3NzYxODgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjc5...@._V1_.jpg]

RE: Movies based on video games - DJPlace - 12-18-2018

not really a movie based on a real video game but i like wreck it Ralph.

RE: Movies based on video games - FlarePhoenix - 12-18-2018

i know the the jean claude movie double impact was supposed to be a double dragon movie, but they could acquire the licensing rights. Also while released BEFORE the game, there was a parasite eve movie....this i didnt ever know till yesterday.....holy f***. i knew it was a light novel(yes that is a book with words) but a manga and a movie too.

also i really like street fighter movie. sadly it was raul julia last film. he past away after production. he was an amazing actor. AND i hate the resident evil live action american movies, the CGI were good though. 

Also there is a gyakuten saiban live action movie, its release in japan only but it is a movie based on a game...and the lots of anime/cartoons based on video games. oh my god there are so many list.

and last but not least BATTLESHIP based on bored game er i mean board game. i do mean bored movie. so terrible and lack of more liam neeson was a major reason critics disliked it.

RE: Movies based on video games - SasaPinjic - 12-18-2018

Yeah, i was posting abaut Parasite Eve movie last year on TIZ ,B production Japaneese movie , but i like it, ending is epic .
 Hole movie  is , amazigly, still on You Tube , i recomend all fans of game to watch it,since movie is sorta prequel , and explain things that are mentioned in game , but never realy reviled .
 Have fun: 

EDIT: 
Crap, just click on "watch it directlyon Youtube" .

RE: Movies based on video games - CurbsideRX - 12-18-2018

Postal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_tv7t79WY
https://youtu.be/XWwxRcnPnlo?t=290

The movies just a dark humor comedy about the main character of the game.
It's kinda funny at times.

RE: Movies based on video games - KadiusDar - 12-19-2018

The problem with most movies based on video games is that they try to ground the characters and stories in some form of reality, and change a lot of the source to fit what they think will put butts in seats at the theatre, which is where they fuck up all the time.  Instead of changing things to make it more suitable for larger audiences, lean the fuck into the source material and make it as close to what it's based on!  Duke could be a damn fun action movie if done right!  DOA could have been great as well!  Mortal Kombat is probably to best video game adapted movie, and it's only ok, in my opinion.  The Resident Evil franchise could have been spectacular, but no, they changed so much and focused on an original character and made it action based, and not slower paced with horror as the main focus.

Just my two cents.