Retro Zone
Movies based on video games - Printable Version

+- Retro Zone (https://retrozone.co/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://retrozone.co/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Chit-Chat (https://retrozone.co/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Movies based on video games (/thread-708.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Movies based on video games - Felneth - 12-19-2018

(12-18-2018, 10:19 PM)CurbsideRX Wrote: Postal

Wait a minute! You mean to tell there's a Postal movie?! :O
This needs a watch.

@"KadiusDar" , I think you're absolutely right. For that exact reason don't get me started on the Monster Hunter movie they're working on, or there will be blood...

RE: Movies based on video games - Sabkahn - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 10:37 PM)Felneth Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 10:19 PM)CurbsideRX Wrote: Postal

Wait a minute! You mean to tell there's a Postal movie?! :O
This needs a watch.

Postal is a true piece of art when it comes to Video Game based Movies  Big Grin
I somewhat liked the Dead or Alive Movie, it´s a guilty pleasure of mine.
And let´s not forget the greatness that is the Far Cry Movie. It´s one of my favourite modern-ish Action B-Movies.

RE: Movies based on video games - Kremiso - 12-20-2018

i liked Assassin Creed movie, not bad
it's a bit messy with past/future story, but, well, the game itself...

RE: Movies based on video games - RadiantChronicle971 - 12-27-2018

Who could forget Elf Bowling: The Movie, based on the flash games from 1998/1999 and was released after the 6th game and years after the GBA/DS ports, and it was critically panned. It was rated PG (as the back of the DVD cover said) despite being an animated movie.
(I've watched the reviews recently by the way)

RE: Movies based on video games - Nux - 01-05-2019

Can't believe no one has mentioned yet in this thread the Need for Speed movie from 2014 lol Its just one of those films I feel critics "tore" into for the sake of it - a freaking statement backed up by the audience rating being so much higher than the critics rating. Id say Fuck emm, Sometimes critics just gotta hate. Fast and the Furious can go the hell Lol This movie has Much better and a deeper story. BTW Aaron Paul's performance was neat on that movie.

RE: Movies based on video games - Sabkahn - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 10:40 AM)Nux Wrote: Can't believe no one has mentioned yet in this thread the Need for Speed movie from 2014 lol Its just one of those films I feel critics "tore" into for the sake of it - a freaking statement backed up by the audience rating being so much higher than the critics rating. Id say Fuck emm, Sometimes critics just gotta hate. Fast and the Furious can go the hell Lol This movie has Much better and a deeper story. BTW Aaron Paul's performance was neat on that movie.

To be hones I forgot about it despite the fact that I have it as a BD on my Shelf. Really enjoyed, it´s a dumb, fun movie.

RE: Movies based on video games - CMR779 - 01-05-2019

Does anyone remember an ending for Doom where the Rock went full cyber demon with horns and crap? It seems like the first time I ever saw this movie I remember this happening, but when I watched it again the ending was kind of bland.

RE: Movies based on video games - Nux - 01-06-2019

(01-05-2019, 06:55 PM)CMR779 Wrote: Does anyone remember an ending for Doom where the Rock went full cyber demon with horns and crap?  It seems like the first time I ever saw this movie I remember this happening, but when I watched it again the ending was kind of bland.

I remember this fighting scene Lol

RE: Movies based on video games - SasaPinjic - 01-06-2019

The Last Starfighter 

Fantastic Movie that is based on IN MOVIE GAME , while actual game was relised much later :

RE: Movies based on video games - ZX81v2 - 01-06-2019

[Image: Postalposter07.jpg]

The Last Starfighter was About an Arcade Game. The Actual Arcade game didn't exist until after the film was released, and it is terrible, prototype stage only.

Still one of my fave films from being a kid Smile