So the Ouya servers shutdown today

#1. Post Posted: 06-26-2019, 05:15 AM
And I'm pretty mad that about a third of the games I purchased can no longer be played on my Ouya. 

This is why I hate the push for digital only. And all the drm games have now. The sad thing is that most of the games I bought are RPG's. So there is no reason for the developers to have an online check through the Razer servers.
#2. Post Posted: 06-26-2019, 06:08 AM
I learned my lesson with Battlefield 2142. Never pay for anything that can be remotely taken away from you.

[Image: b_ldnt2.gif]

The Homepage of the Oldternet

Your destination on the Oldternation Mega-Road.
#3. Post Posted: 06-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Yeah I've always been against digital games. But I wanted to support a few of the developers on Ouya.
If the future is all digital it will be a good thing for my wallet. Because I will only buy a few of the older games I really want and don't have.
#4. Post Posted: 06-27-2019, 02:24 AM
I bought one of these things in 2013.......as a novelty at the time, its my paperweight now

Its like any older android device, they get outdated in terms of OSes

Ouya stops at droid 4.1/4.4 hack , so its on the old side. Controller lag was always a mess on that thing

Razer does say to contact the individual dev's, they will still support the games
nice kiss off lol
#5. Post Posted: 06-27-2019, 12:08 PM
as a console collector, was always interested in getting one of these things,yet i never did. now that the situation is like that i might never do it unless i find someone giving one for free or something lol.
#6. Post Posted: 06-27-2019, 12:26 PM
@PinKy if you use a ps3 controller the lag goes away. Or a ps4 controller then you can use the touch pad too.

@FFTHEWINNER they're ok but at the end of the day they are just a low powered Android box. And there are plenty of better options available.
#7. Post Posted: 06-28-2019, 08:06 PM
I saw this coming and REALLY went to town before the servers shut.  I grabbed every single free game I could get my hands on (couldn't update payment options so couldn't buy anything new even if I really wanted to!)

I've also been scouring the net to find apk files of games, either official or sideload (and working) versions. 

If I get a big enough collection going, I'll be sharing it on here.  Apparently you can "back up" your own installed games, by turning them into APKs with ES File Explorer.  My next step is trying that because if it works... .phew we'll have a lot of games!

From my experience, probably 10% of titles dont work as they used to, everything else works fine.  And of those 10%, most just revert to the trial version.

Anyone willing to load ES File explorer on Ouya and help me out?  We can start our own preservation society.

It was a misunderstood little box, can run any emulator from Vectrex to DS and has some fun, playable little titles.  It's a page in gaming history and I don't wanna lose it!
Favourite system of all time - Sega Saturn

Games room set up with 21 Consoles and 4 Computers!

My gaming blog 
Load Error
 - recent post - Video - Mario 64 playthrough pt 2 Smile
#8. Post Posted: 06-29-2019, 01:43 AM
@itsonlyleggy,  I'll give that a shot ^ and let you know:)

Update** I dont see a good way to do this in ES tbh, using
APK
tool atm

Stay tuned...
#9. Post Posted: 06-30-2019, 01:10 AM
(06-29-2019, 01:43 AM)PinKy Wrote: @itsonlyleggy,  I'll give that a shot ^ and let you knowSmile

Update**  I dont see a good way to do this in ES tbh, using
APK
tool atm

Stay tuned...

These links might be helpful:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ouya/comments/7hw9fs/ouya_games_running_on_android_7/

https://www.androidauthority.com/backup-apps-offline-install-es-file-explorer-pro-android-customization-702268/

I
've still not had time to try but I hope there's a way.  Otherwise I've found a few cool games online to sideload including super indie karts! Smile
Favourite system of all time - Sega Saturn

Games room set up with 21 Consoles and 4 Computers!

My gaming blog 
Load Error
 - recent post - Video - Mario 64 playthrough pt 2 Smile

Jump To:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20 Years Ago Today. GamingWizardC75 7 495 10-08-2019, 01:14 AM
Last Post: hobo280
  Today I turned 40 Moandain 14 729 08-29-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: CMR779
  xbox live (xbox 360) update today Dildo_Schwaggins 2 286 08-22-2019, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Duwen