Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

25 posts in this topic
MisterXiado
Gamer

Trade Count: (0)
40 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2019

09-01-2019, 11:35 PM -
I would say the Wii U or 3DS, as they weren't super cheap, and there was really only one game on each that I liked. Link's Brittle Adventure, and Blaster Master Zero. I haven't used either system in well over a year. I don't even think about the cost of other systems. I just have them.
[Image: b_ldnt2.gif]
The Homepage of the Oldternet
Your destination on the Oldternation Mega-Road.
meman887
Alien

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2018

10-10-2019, 05:39 AM -
I regretted in someone giving my Older Brother an Mattel Aquarius, then gave it to me in the end. Problem is, never had any games and couldn't find any, so threw it in the bin. Big Grin
tekkaman
Gamer

24 posts 6 threads Joined: Nov 2018

06-14-2020, 08:49 PM -
Well I´m bored so I decided to update my thread with more systems I regretted getting in the past. One of them was the gameboy color. I was a kid back then. Got it for $75 on a black friday sale. If I´m not mistaken The system was released in my country close to December anyway. So well why was I disappointed ? Well back then I had no internet. I looked at the back of the box and saw Links Awakening and Wario Land 2 screenshots in full color. I had both games already but the black and white versions. So as a kid and I saw the box and what I thought was that gameboy color would colorize the games. Even your old ones. Which it does, but it doesn´t look as the pictures on the box! Here´s the box so you can see as reference.
[Image: x1u2blhj70a21.jpg]
I thought it was misleading. Later I saw the DX versions of Links Awakening and Wario Land 2 -_-. I got over that though. My other complaint with the gameboy color was that Nintendo treated it like a stopgap till they could release the Advance version. Kinda like a 32x before Saturn. What I mean is that there wasn´t even an original Mario game for it. I really wanted an Official Mario Land 3 since 1 and 2 were really good not a Wario Land 3 Collectathon -_- There wasn´t a Kirby Dream Land 3 for it either. So I think the system itself isn´t bad. But Nintendo was so focused on just making the sales from pokémon they didn´t support this system as they should have. I had the gameboy color for about a year and then I sold it.
This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 08:56 PM by tekkaman. Edited 1 time in total.
FFTHEWINNER
Site Supporter

105 posts 5 threads Joined: Nov 2018

06-15-2020, 11:45 AM -
As a collector. there really isn't any system that I regret getting. There are however a few systems and games that I regret not getting and passing on for various reasons when I saw them for cheap Undecided

Edit: wow lol. turns out I replied to this topic already, about 10 months ago XD.
This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 12:10 PM by FFTHEWINNER. Edited 2 times in total.
nightwo1f
Gamer

13 posts 5 threads Joined: Oct 2018

06-16-2020, 02:28 AM -
The Xbox one S
I bought 2 years ago it cause it was lightly used. Came with the box. 4 games one of which was rare replay.
And all that for a very cheap price of $240 i originally bought it for the Controller and play my fav X360 games.

I barely touched the darn thing... :|
Long Time Retro community member. Shout out to the TiZ veterans 

* Actual signature coming up 
kaduflyer
Site Supporter

112 posts 10 threads Joined: Oct 2018

06-17-2020, 10:59 PM -
I don't regret having all the different consoles I own. BUT I won't be upgrading anymore... I am happy enough to play the ones I have since I started (I still have the originals I bought back when) from nes and sega master system are the oldest ones I have up to wii and ps3

edit:
most of my consoles I hacked them to play roms/iso like snes, genesis, saturn, dreamcast, n64, wii, gamecube, xbox, psp, ps1, ps2, ps3...
and also I have many everdrives too which are friggin awesome.
This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 11:25 PM by kaduflyer. Edited 2 times in total.
tekkaman
Gamer

24 posts 6 threads Joined: Nov 2018

06-19-2020, 05:30 AM -
Maybe I should´ ve said either regret or collects the most dust Tongue Even if you´re a collector there´s gotta be one that you use less. Maybe not a good library of games for it or something. Anyways, I got another one for you guys. The Gamecube. I was thinking that maybe since finally Nintendo caved and gave their system an optical drive that I would see great RPGs for it like in the Snes era. But I was so disappointed. Here´s what happened. My fav system the Dreamcast died commercially. So I wanted a new system. I love RPGs. But I couldn´t pick Sony PS2. Being a Sega fanboy and all I couldn´t pick the company that killed Sega. I know there were multiple factors but I was younger then. So I saw that Dreamcast RPGs were appearing on Gamecube. Skies of Arcadia and Evolution. So I was thinking maybe now Gamecube would get more RPGs. I didn´t pick up Skies of Arcadia or Evolution because I already had those on the Dreamcast. Boy there was nothing else! I mean RPGs with that play style anyway. Hopes were high when I got Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The first day I thought it was interesting. Until it kept repeating itself -_-. And then to complete the frustration I encountered a bug. I can´t remember all the details. I remember there was a cave or something that was blocked or closed and that I needed a certain element to open it. The element couldn´t be found in that playthrough. I encountered it many times before but just not available that time. I think the game had some kind of randomization going on that soft locked. I tried asking Squaresoft. I don´t know where I found their support email. But they replied! And their replay was something like this:
The game was made by Nintendo. We just licensed the title. So anyway No RPG´s The other genre I play are fighting games but I didn´t think it would be comfortable with that tiny D-pad. So I sold the system in a year.
kaduflyer
Site Supporter

112 posts 10 threads Joined: Oct 2018

06-19-2020, 10:36 PM -
haha the one/ones I use less are nes and sega master system except I really dig golvellius and phantasy star on the ole sega.. but I don't regret buying master system and those actual games.

edit 
I am a rpg fanatic 
You and me love Dreamcast RPGs. Fuck them, sega sold out since they weren't gonna make a new console
This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 10:48 PM by kaduflyer. Edited 1 time in total.
HeyYahBLah
Site Supporter

12 posts 0 threads Joined: Oct 2018

06-19-2020, 11:19 PM -
Hey all,
This will be a bit of a novel & rant if you want to read.

I would say for me, it would be the Atari 2600 Junior. Basically I was still a kid and I had heard about Nintendo and I told my parents "specifically my mom" about it, because of Super Mario. Well it was like 1988 by then so the Nintendo Entertainment System was out for quite some time and Atari was dying and everyone knows the plastic cheap-o Junior was the last cost saving model.

The sales rep at the store conned my parents into getting Atari 2600 on the premise it did have a "Mario Bros" game on it, when Nintendo was mentioned. I know it had to be a con-artist tactic. Probably his boss told him to liquidate the Atari 2600 and games to dummies (who knew nothing) instead of up-selling the Nintendo to get rid of old Atari stock because no one was buying 2600 anymore and I think that's what happened to me. I think at that point it was 7800 or Nintendo for console sales.

Ended up with the Atari 2600 Junior with like 15 games including Mario Bros which was nothing like the Super Mario I had played and described. Needless to say I hated it and was very cheesed. The games were mediocre at best. The graphics and sound sucked and I was not impressed at all. (I had been exposed to 386 PC gaming and Nintendo at this point in time.)

They didn't even play it with me or anything. When my friends came over they didn't even want to play it with me, saying it "sucked" and Nintendo was way better, which I knew it was. At that time already 1989 I had played Metriod, Super Mario, Legend of Zelda and and bunch of other games and I knew NES was way superior. I had told them what happened, but it was like "too bad too sad", so I ended up not playing it anymore and saying I would do chores or "work" to get a Nintendo instead. My parents were upset I was letting it collect dust because they spent money, and I told them it was not good and we got ripped off, and no one would want it, not even my friends. I was so mad I even told my grandpa what happened, lol. 

By the time XMAS 1989 rolled around my grandpa gave me some money and helped out and finally ended up getting a brand new Nintendo with Super Mario/Duck Hunt and I was more then happy to have it by then, since my friends had been playing it for years and I was missing out. At that point after XMAS holiday roll into 1990 I had a bunch of school friends that had tons of games they had finished or were bored of and they got brand new NES games over the XMAS holidays so they would let me borrow and play their old games while they were busy playing the new NES games they got for XMAS.

Later on, I would say the only regret I would have is, since I hated the 2600 Jr so much and all those games I had for it were just sitting in my closet taking up space, and I already had an NES, SNES, N64, and 486 PC gaming, I just ended up putting the 2600 in a garbage bag and threw it in the trash. Had I known it would have been a collectable I would have gladly sold it today as when I threw it away it was with all the boxes for all the games and all the original packaging. Just like my NES/SNES collection from my childhood today I kept all the boxes/manuals instead of throwing them out. So yea, biggest regret is 2600 and then throwing away 2600 and all games to the trash with all manuals, boxes, packaging, etc. Oh well.

If you read this, bless.
lol.
Big Grin
This post was last modified: 06-20-2020, 08:54 AM by HeyYahBLah. Edited 2 times in total.
SasaPinjic
FirstClassScumbag

498 posts 10 threads Joined: Oct 2018

06-20-2020, 07:31 AM -
^ read it all and survived, but bearly lol !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fake 3DS Game ? tekkaman 4 209 06-12-2020, 05:46 AM
Last Post: tekkaman
  Favorite Game? Matty 23 5,963 12-29-2019, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Jaydee777
  What r ya playin lately...The Game You're Currently Playing TonyBiH 100 20,462 09-27-2019, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Dildo_Schwaggins
  most prized video game you have owned or still owned. DJPlace 13 2,856 08-31-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: qedeshim
  Free Game : Epic's Limbo Reality Strikes 1 498 07-20-2019, 10:50 PM
Last Post: SasaPinjic
  Video game Long Term Storage & Moving Moandain 1 579 05-15-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: ZX81v2
  My Favorite Game Types, what's yours? piratetar 15 3,314 04-11-2019, 12:05 AM
Last Post: dejang8722
  Favorite video game company Apogee444 30 8,574 04-01-2019, 06:39 AM
Last Post: gamegeek
  Game systems you DON'T own, but wished you did Duwen 46 12,197 03-27-2019, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FFTHEWINNER
  Game Sites offering the latest games for free, what gives, have a discussion? piratetar 0 595 03-26-2019, 09:15 PM
Last Post: piratetar