Blizzard censoring & banning people talking about taiwan

#1. Post Posted: 10-10-2019, 08:13 AM

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10...-protests/

as much as I find political statements during videogame competitions gay, this move from Blizzard is pretty gay too.

Also, CPP leader can't take jokes and hate when people compare him to Winnie the Pooh........... and all comparisons are banned on chinese internet.

....... Are we allowed to discuss that here ? :>>>>>>>
#2. Post Posted: 10-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Hong Kong is not the same as Taiwan. But Blizzard wants to suck on China's teat. So they don't want to make the government mad and get banned from China. Almost all business's are only interested in money and only virtue signal because they think it's better for their bottom line.
#3. Post Posted: 10-10-2019, 03:32 PM
that's right, I linked the wrong article lmao.... I was too sleepy : sargon:
#4. Post Posted: 10-11-2019, 07:22 AM
I'm sure the United Nations or NATO will act decisively to stamp out the problems with China, Turkey etc Lol

Its not like these organisations take all the cash, pay themselves a fortune then stand by and do nothing is it ?
#5. Post Posted: 10-11-2019, 06:25 PM
rise up for Taiwan...

.... by saying "Taiwan's great" in voice chat whenever a dude from China shows up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN0vUlljX0I#t=2m15s
#6. Post Posted: 10-11-2019, 09:04 PM
Taiwans Great

Got my fake football kit yesterday. Thanks Taiwan.
#7. Post Posted: 10-12-2019, 05:06 AM
Those hypocrites! The only way Blizzard can fix this now is with a real apology, publicly announce they are suspending all ties with China’s oppressive government, support that FreeHongKong hashtag and Taiwan, unban everyone, and offer free game time to anyone who was a victim of your censorship. That's how u do stuff!
#8. Post Posted: 10-12-2019, 07:36 AM
I guess this is gonna play even more into the "no more toxicity" topic in the whole gaming scene.

Like more and more people are gonna come out and say "this wouldn't happen if nobody could talk about it" and/or "stop being mean on the internet"

I know the two subjects aren't directly linked, but higher ups are going to find one just so they can sanitize the internet a bit more
#9. Post Posted: 10-12-2019, 11:11 PM
Their own rope, I guess. Keep nagging online players about their 'opinions' and they'll soon find themselves without a public. And I thought Google , facebook and Youtube couldn't set the police-state bar any lower.

Jump To:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Louisana or Cajun people in here ? wakinafuf 1 343 03-04-2019, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Nux
Thumbs Down leaving due to a user.... (you know who i'm talking about) DJPlace 1 443 01-04-2019, 12:31 AM
Last Post: PinKy