Pandoras box consoles - have any of you owned or played one?

#1. Post Posted: 01-02-2020, 01:02 PM
Hi i been thinking about  getting a Pandoras box console, have any of you owned one or played one? would you recommend one?

here is a pic of the one im thinking of getting....

[Image: 3l00e5.jpg]

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Eternally walking the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
#2. Post Posted: 01-02-2020, 05:00 PM
Good topic Yeahthat
Ok so I see a lot of these on Facebook and YouTube being advertised. I didn’t know that there are different versions. So what is the best version and how can I tell which version is which? anyway this made my decision much easier when investing into the correct Pandora Box for my home - arcade setup, and to be honest im gonna make this as clear as possible: Pandora Box or something else, doesn't matter, I'd like to have a solid multi arcade at home, which is also compact and I can pack it down. So no cabinet, I like the compactness of having everything in one box (like Pandora) with the joysticks. I would also like to have high quality sticks and buttons, SANWA for example. All this with great emulation of course. I wouldn't mind paying premium for a premium machine like this.

I'm trying to avoid building one myself, so I would prefer to get one out of the box if possible. I'm watching Pandoras box videos for a while now, but I still have doubts if the Pandora Box would be satisfying to me.

A friend of mine recently bought one of these Pandora Box units (a 4S) and he was looking to replace the card inside with a better one. He bought a Pandora Key 7 card just yesterday (one that has 2177 games in lists). At least it's got an Octo-core processor.

I just want one machine that works well and I can get back to play it for years to come. What can you recommend?
#3. Post Posted: 01-02-2020, 05:30 PM
apparently there are official and unofficial version of these, i dunno which is best one, like you ive watched some videos but still unclear.

what appeals to me is the portability, i could take it to work for my night shifts to play, the one i pictured i chose purely as its the one with the most games on it ive seen so far (not ideal way to choose i know)
#4. Post Posted: 01-02-2020, 09:50 PM
I have one. I enjoy it quite a bit. I think they're cool for the price. I don't think mine is an "official" Pandora's box 6, but I bought it for $68 I think? It's a lot cheaper than building a raspberry pi arcade stick that I was going to build.

I've heard reviews that don't like the build quality of the sticks and buttons but they fill high enough quality to me.
#5. Post Posted: 01-03-2020, 03:58 PM
(01-02-2020, 09:50 PM)qedeshim Wrote: I have one. I enjoy it quite a bit. I think they're cool for the price. I don't think mine is an "official" Pandora's box 6, but I bought it for $68 I think? It's a lot cheaper than building a raspberry pi arcade stick that I was going to build. 

I've heard reviews that don't like the build quality of the sticks and buttons but they fill high enough quality to me.

does the one you have include n64, ps1 & dreamcast games?  do the games it does have run smoothly?
#6. Post Posted: 01-04-2020, 05:54 AM
I rember you wullie13 with your avatar... what is it it? A twistted gurll with a grofe horny attifude or a ?

seriously dude?
are you your avatar? if you are I wannaparty wth u

you might think i'm crazy but I am serious between a me and you... I am normal but broke

hard rock music in my life I am not as nice as I was a minute ago,

I was only kidding man I;m fried

no I'm not kidding but I'm stoned

by bye wullie13
#7. Post Posted: 01-04-2020, 11:07 AM
^ thats what happpens when you sniffing glue kids...
#8. Post Posted: 01-04-2020, 02:10 PM
(01-04-2020, 11:07 AM)SasaPinjic Wrote: ^ thats what happpens when you sniffing glue kids...

indeed  Big Grin  anyway back to the PANDORAS BOX, anyone else got opinions on them?

@[b]
qedeshim
  can you post a picture of the one you have please? i can compare against ones im looking at
[/b]
#9. Post Posted: 01-04-2020, 07:55 PM
(01-02-2020, 09:50 PM)qedeshim Wrote: I have one. I enjoy it quite a bit. I think they're cool for the price. I don't think mine is an "official" Pandora's box 6, but I bought it for $68 I think? It's a lot cheaper than building a raspberry pi arcade stick that I was going to build.

Could you tell me where you bought it? (A PM is fine if you don't want to say it in public), I have the crazy idea of buying one of this things and then empty it, put inside a regular computer, connect the sticks and use it as a semiportable emulator machine, so I'm searching for one as cheap as possible (but with a minimum of quality too).
#10. Post Posted: 01-05-2020, 05:37 PM
(01-04-2020, 07:55 PM)shiva2004 Wrote:

Could you tell me where you bought it? (A PM is fine if you don't want to say it in public), I have the crazy idea of buying one of this things and then empty it, put inside a regular computer, connect the sticks and use it as a semiportable emulator machine, so I'm searching for one as cheap as possible (but with a minimum of quality too).

ebay has many of them, a variety of prices
Jump To:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  most prized video game you have owned or still owned. DJPlace 13 1,898 08-31-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: qedeshim
Brick Arcade played in childhood/youth era ? Kremiso 45 7,986 04-11-2019, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Kremiso
Thumbs Up Favorite "retro" game you played in 2018 ? Rodion2018 20 4,011 02-08-2019, 02:47 AM
Last Post: gamegeek
Question Advice for HDMI upgrading my old consoles magikalf 10 2,045 11-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Duwen