Web browsing speed up tricks ?

#1. Post Posted: 01-07-2020, 06:10 PM
I noticed that my crappy laptop has different results in web browsing speed
at boot/reboot is ok, but after a gaming session or using any program is not good at all

this is probably due to the short RAM (3 Gb), so i was wondering if someone know any trick
to clean/optimize the memory without restart the system
or some magic hint to speed up things if you think about other reasons lol

win7 64 bit here
[Image: cfa05c5c3b4dbaadfb5b25993f2823d7.jpg]
#2. Post Posted: 01-07-2020, 06:39 PM
A couple of programs I have used for years.

CCleaner (Free) - Install - On Left panel it says FLUSH DNS Cache <Tick it.
Run Scan
Remove/fix any thing it finds
Do not worry, it's all junk files that get removed with default settings.
reason you click Flush DNS is simply because, windows likes storing junk in this area. this is loaded everytime to open browser....

Be warned - don't go randomly clicking the tick box's ! you can cause yourself some crap if you do... Goto the software's forum or read the manual/help

Other proggie is a classic, literally... Spybot Search and Destroy 1.62 /8
This is so simple to use, even my bro can use it...!
Install it. - Load it - Update it - Immunize - Scan - Remove anything it finds. Scan again just to make sure. (second sweep takes seconds)
click - Registry tab
Scan - Fix All issues - Click Delete if asked
don't worry folks, yet again, these are windows junk files that will be regenerated over time.

Oh, reason I say 1.6x version over the 2.x version
It's more compact.
It does exactly the same thing as they both use the same updated definitions...
Less fiddly....
don't get me wrong, v2.x has it's good points, but the User interface is bad, imo

Worth getting to know how these programs work btw. they can do a hell of a lot more than the default settings. Just be careful !
#3. Post Posted: 01-08-2020, 12:30 AM
Tomorrow i'll make some tries with both your methods, many thanks ZX

do you recommend a particular CCleaner version too, or i can go with the latest one?

my test results soon here, like blood exams lol
#4. Post Posted: 01-09-2020, 01:31 PM
update
made a couple of tries with ccleaner (v5.63)
i could not find the 'flush dns cache' exactly option, so i enabled the Custom Clean/Windows/System/DNS cache one, in a leftpanel submenu, possibly the same one ?

must be honest, after a default system/registry clean and the DNS one too no real benefit, only a bunch of Mb of junk (3/4) founded
so the system seems quite clean

this takes me even more on the short RAM issue side (probably some games/programs does not 'release' correctly all the memory used when they are closed ?)

btw, i want try the same also with spybot, i have grabbed the 1.62 version Smile
#5. Post Posted: 01-09-2020, 07:44 PM
yeah I was writing the above off top of head. DNS is a clog point sometimes.
download Hirens bootdisk
and burn it to a CD
Insert it into your dvd drive and boot the system (Press F11 on POST select DVD boot if it don't load)
this disk has a ton of utils. It has memory checkers and all sorts of gubbins to check the hardware.

Windows does eat itself every now and again
Jump To: