Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38 posts in this topic
SasaPinjic
FirstClassScumbag

Trade Count: (0)
496 posts 10 threads Joined: Oct 2018

05-29-2020, 08:20 AM -
Dude, that is one seriusly messed up and badly edited post in which even Tesla culd not find head or tail lol.
Chill and take it easy,this is only forum disscusing.
This post was last modified: 05-29-2020, 08:21 AM by SasaPinjic. Edited 1 time in total.
GamingWizardC75
Mod

178 posts 6 threads Joined: Oct 2018

05-29-2020, 10:48 AM -
I would stay home but I am an essential worker.
Save The Best For Last!
[Image: Banner.png]
kaduflyer
Site Supporter

112 posts 10 threads Joined: Oct 2018

05-29-2020, 10:06 PM -
(05-28-2020, 03:30 AM)qedeshim Wrote: Honestly I could careless. I personally thought this was going to be worse than it is. But now what the studies are showing it is not that bad. If you look at the Italian study the Netherlands study and the Los Angeles study most people have antigens for the virus meaning the majority of people already have had it and had little to no symptoms.

And you take into account that the Smith Field pork processing plant has around 1000 confirmed cases and 2 deaths you have a pretty good case study that shows the virus spreads very fast but isn't as deadly as it seemed.

I was being snarky to both of you. I don't see a lot ZX's stuff as facts I find some of it interesting and you can connect dots and make sense of things, but that doesn't make them facts just conjecture that I'll keep in mind. I also believe that the Gates' might be the evilest people in the western hemisphere that don't have the surname Bush or Clinton. And I was being snarky with Kad, because no one should ever argue by just calling people names like ignorant. If you feel someone is ignorant give them facts and enlighten them.

At the end of the day state your arguments and agree to disagree if you don't see eye to eye.

sorry for my craziness man, I never meant anything by what I said

(05-29-2020, 08:20 AM)SasaPinjic Wrote: Dude, that is one seriusly messed up and badly edited post in which even Tesla culd not find head or tail lol.
Chill and take it easy,this is only forum disscusing.

I know eh, it was totally messed up... I was in looped out land... lets get back to some kind of normality
This post was last modified: 05-29-2020, 10:08 PM by kaduflyer.
Radioactive Ape
Alien

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2020

06-29-2020, 11:21 PM -
Randomly came across this thread. No offense to anyone here, but some erroneous claims have been made here.

Claim 1: "Covid-19 is actually two strains of the flu."
  • Full genome sequencing of SARS-Cov-2 by independent researchers (China, the UK, the USA, etc) shows that it is definitely not the Seasonal Flu. This Genome is also distinct from other forms of Corona Virus, such as MERS and SARS.
  • Covid-19 is caused by a form of Corona Virus, SARS-Cov-2.
  • You can view the data for the SARS-Cov-2 Genome, the SARS genome, the MERS genome, and the Influenza Type B Genome online and tell from that data that they are distinguishable from one another.
  • There are arguably at least two forms of Covid-19: one represented by a L virus isolate and an S virus isolate (which was said to be more virulent). Neither of these is a strain of the flu. These are not synonymous with the major types of Influenza, such as A, B, or C.
  • Tests for Covid-19 distinguish the virus from other viruses using protein sequencing and the virus does not match the flu.
  • The flu (specifically Influenza type B**)  is not related to Covid-19 and is not caused by a corona virus. It has a different case fatality rate, a different viral reproduction number (R0), different behavior, a different protein signature, and a different structure when viewed under an electron microscope. **Note: Influenza A does not infect humans and Influenza C has much less severe symptoms.
  • Conclusion: Covid-19 is not two strains of the Flu.

Claim 1: Expanded
  • "Case fatality rate" is the percentage of deaths of the confirmed infected cases of a specific population, while "mortality rate" is the total deaths from a disease from the that entire population. The latter cannot be determined until a virus has historically run its course and relevance can be undermined by a number of confounding variables.
  • The viral reproduction number (R0) of the flu is about 1 to 1.5. The viral reproduction number of Covid-19 is about 2 (artificially somewhat less with restrictions in place). This means that -- all things being equal -- by the time the Flu has passed enough rounds to infect 100 people, Covid-19 would infect several thousand. At least. This has been confirmed in Wuhan, Italy, the UK, etc.
  • The viral reproduction number can be artificially decreased.
  • The case fatality rate for the flu is about 0.1%, the case fatality rate of Covid-19 is 3.4%.
  • For example, in the worst flu season in Florida's documented history  about 3 million people were infected within a period of 8 to 12 months, but only about 3000 of them died.  3000 is 0.1% of 3 million. In the 4 months that Covid-19 has been documented about 102,000 Floridians have been infected, with about 3500 of them expiring. 3500 is about 3.4% of 102,000.
  • Note that 3 million Floridians were infected with the Flu, yet much less were infected with Covid-19, which is actually a more infectious pathogen. This is due to government restrictions and public awareness that have decreased the spread of the virus.
  • The mortality rate of the seasonal flu for the 2017-2018 flu season was about 0.01. The mortality rate of Covid-19 is not yet determined, but if it magically disappeared tomorrow, it would be about 0.2%.
  • From this we can see that the severity of Covid-19 is several times worse than the seasonal flu, yet the incidence rate -- while worse than the Flu -- is at least 10 times less than what would have occurred without restrictions and increased public awareness.

Claim 2: "The Flu kills 80,000 in the USA annually, which is more than Covid-19."
  • In the USA, the worst flu season (Flu season is about 8 months) in living memory was the flu season of 2017-2018, which killed approximately 65,000 people. This was misreported to be slightly more and later retracted. It was not 80,000 people, which is beside the point. We have vaccines and effective treatment for the Flu. We have no such thing for Covid-19 at present.
  • In the USA, the 2018-1919 flu season killed approximately 32,400 people, which was also unusually high compared to previous years.
  • In the USA, Covid-19 has killed at least 128,000 people in less than four months, even with business restrictions in place and social distancing policies intermittently suggested by some cities.
  • Conclusion: The Flu does not NORMALLY kill 80,000 people annually in the USA. It only came close to that amount in the worst Flu season in living memory. At present, Covid-19 has killed twice as many people as the worst flu season in living memory, despite great efforts to reduce the spread.

Claim 3: "Deaths not caused by Covid-19 are being fraudulently classified as Covid-19 in a conspiracy."
  • In many US States, such as Florida, governors have actually instructed the health departments to erase Covid-19 fatalities from their records so that businesses could re-open faster. This has been revealed by whistle-blowers, but is in a gray area in terms of legality.
  • Although there have been incidents with a person with Covid has expired of a drug overdose which was later classified as a Covid-19 death, that is statistically very rare. Even in those cases the autopsy showed the overdose did enough damage to the lungs of the patient that they would have succumbed to Covid-19 regardless.
  • It is likely most instances of deaths to Covid-19 dating to before March in the USA were incorrectly categorized as deaths unrelated to the virus as the virus was not widely recognized at the time.
  • Statistically, more deaths related to Covid-19 have been misclassified as unrelated, simply due to the fact that when the virus was introduced to the population we did not know it was here.
  • For fraudulent and statistically significant number of non-Covid deaths to be classified as Covid-19 deaths, you would need a conspiracy of multiple nations, millions of people. Virtually all doctors, nurses, credible medical researchers, peer reviewed journals, and medical schools would need to be involved.
  • Conclusion: It is astronomically unlikely that a statistically significant number of non-Covid related deaths were attributed to Covid-19 in a wide ranging conspiracy.

Claim 4: "The Earth is Flat"
  • The Earth is an oblate spheroid that spins on an axis as it revolves in an elliptical orbit around the Sun, which is G-type main-sequence star or "yellow dwarf".
  • Children can tell the Earth is a sphere based on when objects, such as ships in the ocean, disappear and reappear beyond the horizon, which would only be possible due to the curvature of the Earth.
  • Children can tell the Earth is a Sphere based on the way shadows move on two sticks buried in different locations on the ground. If the earth was flat, they would produce the same shadow. They don't.  
  • Children can also tell because they can increase the distance they can see by climbing to greater heights, which is due to the curvature of the Earth.
  • Various bodies in the solar system are also obviously spheres when viewed through a powerful telescope.
  • Conclusion: The Earth is not flat.

Sources:
  • University of California Santa Cruz Genomics Institute
    The Imperial College of London

• The CDC
  • Harvard Medical School
  • WHO
  • Encyclopedia Britannica
  • Deez Nuts
This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 11:25 PM by Radioactive Ape. Edited 2 times in total.
FFTHEWINNER
Site Supporter

105 posts 5 threads Joined: Nov 2018

06-30-2020, 10:07 AM -
^as a pharmacist myself, I agree with your post's content, but the fact that you literally made an account on a retro gaming site just to make a long scientific post about Covid-19 is kinda weird lol.

also, wow. Just came across post #29. that was hilarious lol XD
This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 12:16 PM by FFTHEWINNER. Edited 1 time in total.
SasaPinjic
FirstClassScumbag

496 posts 10 threads Joined: Oct 2018

06-30-2020, 12:36 PM -
(06-29-2020, 11:21 PM)Radioactive Ape Wrote: Randomly came across this thread. No offense to anyone here, but some erroneous claims have been made here.

Ser, i dont know who you are, but my respect for such well made post, and responses ,provided by fact and sources, it is hadly belivible it is made by mere mortal, so i have to ask:
Are you Skynet , Commander Data, or reincarnation of Nikola Tesla?
This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 12:38 PM by SasaPinjic. Edited 1 time in total.
qedeshim
Gamer

93 posts 7 threads Joined: Oct 2018

06-30-2020, 07:31 PM -
No human to human transmission. Source tweet by official WHO twitter profile 14/1/20 https://mobile.twitter.com/WHO/status/12...oronavirus
Woman over doses on drugs gets listed as a corona virus death 2 days ago source The Denver Post https://www.denverpost.com/2020/06/28/co...addiction/

Usually when you site sources you actually have citations. Unless you're just bsing using a believe me because some super authority supports what I say even though I show no evidence tactic?
This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 07:37 PM by qedeshim. Edited 1 time in total.
kaduflyer
Site Supporter

112 posts 10 threads Joined: Oct 2018

06-30-2020, 09:46 PM -
it's the end of the world as we know it... beam me up off this flat rock
Biggsy666
Reverend

Trade Count: (1)
429 posts 21 threads Joined: Nov 2018

07-01-2020, 06:27 PM -
Wait, the Earth is not flat?

I call bull on that one. Everyone knows its made of strings, and if you pull them tight they'll be flat. Right?  [Image: id3ea.gif]