Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
retrogamer9
Alien

Trade Count: (0)
2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2020

Thumbs Up  05-29-2020, 11:58 PM -
Yo, just want to know, what's some Snes game worth playing ?
I've seen some rankings on other sites, but they placed one of my favourites (Flashback) as 101th ? No way, that game is masterpiece to me. I don't understand why it was ranked so badly.

Anyway, asking for this question because I've checked the GoodSnes collection and it's huge. I started playing as name order, because I want to know them all, but some of them really are lame, so I just want to play the best games first.

I mean for "best" : good gameplay, solid story (except for sports games of course), nice graphics, balanced difficulty... even if it's not well  known or just unpopular

Waiting to know your opinions, what should I play first Big Grin

example

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - nice porting
Street Fighter 2 - a classic!
Flashback - awesome story and animations/graphics
Super Mario All Stars - necessary
Super Mario World - fun
Legend of Zelda Link to The Past - just great
etc..
Gamerone
Mod

205 posts 5 threads Joined: Oct 2018

05-30-2020, 05:07 AM -
The games you mention are a good choice

Theres alot of great games for Snes I'm going to mention a few of my favorites, off the top of my head

Megaman series 

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs

Earthworm Jim series

Super Ghouls and Ghost

Castlevania series

Contra III: The Alien Wars

TNMT Turtles in Time

R-Type series

and many more
This post was last modified: 05-30-2020, 01:44 PM by Gamerone. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Only one Contra game for Snes I was thinking Hard Corps was one. Because I used a Genesis to Snes converter to play it on Snes

Kremiso
Site Supporter

446 posts 39 threads Joined: Oct 2018

05-30-2020, 07:48 AM -
if you like Flashback, then you can try Blackhawk/Blackthorne, its imo better than the original pc release.
Super Turrican need to be played too, im playing it now Smile
[Image: cfa05c5c3b4dbaadfb5b25993f2823d7.jpg]
Biggsy666
Reverend

Trade Count: (1)
429 posts 21 threads Joined: Nov 2018

05-30-2020, 04:19 PM -
Just wanted to know if i was the only one who really liked playing Bubsy, my GF says its sh*t but i thought it was great Lol

Thats just the first one, not the second as that really was sh*t.
SasaPinjic
FirstClassScumbag

496 posts 10 threads Joined: Oct 2018

05-31-2020, 07:48 AM -
SNES has some fantastic games ,thise are some of my favorites:

Brandish and Brandish 2 - RPG doungeon crawling hack and slash ,sorta like Diablo before diablo and zelda mix(english patch version on index),

Tactics Ogre and Tactics Ogre DE V2.5 - game that inspired Final Fantasy Tactic, best SRPG game ever , DE V2.5 is mod with rebalaces classes (english patch version on index),

Chaos Engine - very fun top down shooter for 2 players,

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Trigger Crimsom Echoes - one of best RPG ever with incredible story and characters and completly changed mod of same game with follow up story,

Do-Re-Mi Fantasy - fun little side scrolling platform game,

Donkey Country series - Masterpiece platform series on SNES ,

Feda The Emblem of Justice - nice Strategy RPG ,with almoust cinematic action sequence sorta like in super robot wars or in shining force,

Final Fight series - great 2 player beat everithing side scrolling game ,

Fire Emblem Series - great SRPG series , bot it hard to find good translation on SNES, so i play thise on GBA emulator ,

Gradius 3 - great side scrolling space shooter ,

King of Dragons - great sword and sorcery side scroling action game for 2 players , 5 diferen characters/classes to choose,

Legend - same , except you are limited to 2 swordsman,

Lemmings - puzzle solving game, you need to save creatures by using varius devices and gadgets, very fun ,

Super Swiv - great top down viechile shooter for 2 players,

Star Trek the next generation - umtimate 1701 D Enterprise bridge simulator ,but not much real action.
retrogamer9
Alien

2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2020

05-31-2020, 12:50 PM -
(05-31-2020, 07:48 AM)SasaPinjic Wrote:  
Brandish and Brandish 2 - RPG doungeon crawling hack and slash ,sorta like Diablo before diablo and zelda mix(english patch version on index),
Yeah, I must say that sort of genre (Link to the Past, Alundra for PSX) and similar RPG/Platform crossovers are very fun to play. RPG's (Final Fantasy style) are fun but they lack of action sometimes and a little of jumping and slashing is a nice addition to the gameplay. Cool

Good titles you listed there. Must check them as well.
Quote:Just wanted to know if i was the only one who really liked playing Bubsy, my GF says its sh*t but i thought it was great [Image: lol.gif]

Thats just the first one, not the second as that really was sh*t.
Looks good on the screenshots... probably your gf prefers Barbie platforms XD
This post was last modified: 05-31-2020, 12:52 PM by retrogamer9. Edited 1 time in total.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SNES Classic Hacking, romsets? TheTechDoc 3 1,591 12-17-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Jumbo