Anyone tried ODROID?

#1. Post Posted: 10-29-2018, 08:27 PM
seen these ODROID systems on ebay, i have used raspberry pi in the past with varying levels of success (poor n64 & dreamcast for example), the ODROID things apparently are much better? has anyone any experience of using one of these and if so would you recommend one?
Eternally walking the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
#2. Post Posted: 10-29-2018, 08:40 PM
I hear the newest ODROID can run Wii games on Dolphin at default settings, but I haven't researched enough into them to give you a guaranteed answer on if it's worth it or not, I'd recommend looking at some reviews on YouTube and watching a newer ODROID in action.
#3. Post Posted: 10-30-2018, 04:43 PM
(10-29-2018, 08:40 PM)Matty Wrote: I hear the newest ODROID can run Wii games on Dolphin at default settings, but I haven't researched enough into them to give you a guaranteed answer on if it's worth it or not, I'd recommend looking at some reviews on YouTube and watching a newer ODROID in action.

i'm mainly interested in it for the dreamcast, n64, ps1, saturn stuff,my fav stuff thats not great on raspberry pi,  its small and i could take it to work on my night shifts.
#4. Post Posted: 10-30-2018, 04:48 PM
(10-30-2018, 04:43 PM)wullie13 Wrote:
(10-29-2018, 08:40 PM)Matty Wrote: I hear the newest ODROID can run Wii games on Dolphin at default settings, but I haven't researched enough into them to give you a guaranteed answer on if it's worth it or not, I'd recommend looking at some reviews on YouTube and watching a newer ODROID in action.

i'm mainly interested in it for the dreamcast, n64, ps1, saturn stuff,my fav stuff thats not great on raspberry pi,  its small and i could take it to work on my night shifts.

Well if it truly does run Wii emulator just fine at native settings, I imagine it will run those too at native resolution maybe even bumped up once or twice.
#5. Post Posted: 10-31-2018, 07:27 PM
Yeah wait for the Odoid-H2 to be released next month (December) and pick that up. It was running 4-player Mario Kart on the Wii so I think it'll give you really decent N64 and Dreamcast performance Smile
#6. Post Posted: 10-31-2018, 08:36 PM
(10-31-2018, 07:27 PM)IconicSpatulaJuice Wrote: Yeah wait for the Odoid-H2 to be released next month (December) and pick that up. It was running 4-player Mario Kart on the Wii so I think it'll give you really decent N64 and Dreamcast performance Smile

This is exciting news to hear!!! Can't wait to see it in action!
#7. Post Posted: 11-01-2018, 08:44 AM
(10-31-2018, 07:27 PM)IconicSpatulaJuice Wrote: Yeah wait for the Odoid-H2 to be released next month (December) and pick that up. It was running 4-player Mario Kart on the Wii so I think it'll give you really decent N64 and Dreamcast performance Smile

thanks, i never knew a new version was coming out, i think i will hold off buying just now.
Jump To: