Unpopular opinions

#11. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 09:03 PM
(11-04-2018, 08:25 PM)Felneth Wrote: For the most part the Zelda games are mediocre action adventure games (apart from LttP and the ones on GB). They are not rpgs and the 3D ones (I tried everything up to TWP on GC) have some of the worst 3D action controls I've ever seen on a highly rated game.

FFXII is the best FF.

Horizon Zero Dawn is a technically beautiful soulless and boring game.

Skyrim is the worst TES after Arena and the most unjustly glorified game ever.

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but the best F-Zero game wasn't even made by Nintendo but by Sega-AV (F-Zero GX).

And the final hipster bomb: Everquest 2 was, at launch, a more promising MMO than WoW (I'm not saying WoW was trash or anything).

You have no idea how much I hate Skyrim. I got it two days before it came out due to my hype and I regret it. I beat it because I did buy it and I thought maybe it will get better but honestly they just gutted what made the other elder scrolls games good and now it feels like a hollow shell of what it use to be, kinda like what they did to fallout. Of course there's a huge modding community behind it, people suck it's cock and bethesdas cock dry, and this opinion I have is normally shot down when I talk about it with people but ya. I really feel skyrim is the worst of them all, but many many many many would disagree, and have.
#12. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 09:45 PM
I would even say that Morrowind was the last good game that Bethesda developed, Oblivion was already mediocre at best and the only good 3D Fallout is New Vegas, and that was from Obsidian.
#13. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 10:23 PM
O.k., I'll bite. Big Grin

Raiders suck.

Nintendo always sucks. Tongue

I will probably be a -100000 rep when this is over. Rolleyes

D-OH!

Are you guys SURE I'm not at TIZ? Lol
#14. Post Posted: 11-05-2018, 02:50 AM
The Metal Gear games are shit.
#15. Post Posted: 11-05-2018, 05:16 AM
(11-05-2018, 02:50 AM)P_Dough Wrote: The Metal Gear games are shit.

I haven't played them yet but mind explaining why?
#16. Post Posted: 11-05-2018, 06:30 AM
(11-05-2018, 05:16 AM)Matty Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 02:50 AM)P_Dough Wrote: The Metal Gear games are shit.

I haven't played them yet but mind explaining why?

Don't know his reasoning, but I would guess that it's because a)once you strip out the bulk of cutscenes and hand-holding, each game is only a few hours long (three or four typically), b)despite being a stealth game it still insists on goofy boss fights from its early days as a Contra-like for MSX, which you will be completely unprepared for unless you've played like Rambo, which the rest of the game REALLY doesn't want you doing, and lastly (and most subjectively) c)a lot of it's monologues come across as intellectual fart-huffing, which can be offputting. I love MGS2 dearly, but I'm not going to kid myself into thinking Kojima doesn't like the sound of his own voice in that game. And of course, it's confidence in being really wrong about certain ideas like genetics or nanomachines, which is just annoying more than anything else.
As for personal unpopular opinion? I honestly really hate the non-linear boss order mechanic from Mega Man. Yeah, it's fun if you want to shake things up on a subsequent play-through, but for that first run I'll always just look up a guide rather than waste my time blindly guessing which boss comes first in a nonsensical game of Rock Paper Scissors. You pick the wrong first boss, and you waste far too much time trying to determine whether it's because you just suck at this stage, or because you need some weapon in a completely different stage that might not make sense but turns the boss into pudding.
#17. Post Posted: 11-05-2018, 07:22 AM
(11-04-2018, 09:03 PM)AlmaElma Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 08:25 PM)Felneth Wrote: For the most part the Zelda games are mediocre action adventure games (apart from LttP and the ones on GB). They are not rpgs and the 3D ones (I tried everything up to TWP on GC) have some of the worst 3D action controls I've ever seen on a highly rated game.

FFXII is the best FF.

Horizon Zero Dawn is a technically beautiful soulless and boring game.

Skyrim is the worst TES after Arena and the most unjustly glorified game ever.

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but the best F-Zero game wasn't even made by Nintendo but by Sega-AV (F-Zero GX).

And the final hipster bomb: Everquest 2 was, at launch, a more promising MMO than WoW (I'm not saying WoW was trash or anything).

You have no idea how much I hate Skyrim. I got it two days before it came out due to my hype and I regret it. I beat it because I did buy it and I thought maybe it will get better but honestly they just gutted what made the other elder scrolls games good and now it feels like a hollow shell of what it use to be, kinda like what they did to fallout. Of course there's a huge modding community behind it, people suck it's cock and bethesdas cock dry, and this opinion I have is normally shot down when I talk about it with people but ya. I really feel skyrim is the worst of them all, but many many many many would disagree, and have.

Those are my exact thoughts (and the same experience). Finally someone that understand me completely on the matter <3

EDIT: Sabkahn, I completely agree with you too!
Consoles owned:
Sony Playstation, Sony Playstation 2, PSP, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, Sega Saturn.

Consoles wanted:
Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan.

[Image: Felneth.png]
#18. Post Posted: 11-06-2018, 11:51 AM
I'm just going to copy/paste what I put on a similar thread in another forum recently...

N64 is massively overrated.

Entitled millennial cry-babies and PC SJW's are crippling creativity and unwittingly enforcing censorship.

The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels.

There are only two genders.

Apple products are appallingly bad and overpriced.

Infinity War wasn't the best Marvel film ever... it wasn't even the best Marvel film this year (and neither was Black Panther).

Sega Master System is better than Nintendo Entertainment System.
#19. Post Posted: 01-06-2019, 01:47 PM
EDIT #17 Lol

I have some Unpopular opinions for you; sorry for my lame-ish english, BUT here i go:

First off, a great piece of my mind Lol

Kingdom Hearts is better than Kingdom Hearts II

Yeah, the first game in the series I still find to be better than the sequel. There are only two things about the sequel that I feel are better. One is the combat system is better and two the gummi ship segments are better. And that's it! Don't get me wrong I still love the second Kingdom Hearts game, but the first one kept a lot of stuff pretty simple. Yeah the story did get more complicated in the second game and I really feel for Organization XIII, but how they structured that story just sucked. The first game is better.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is Overrated

Listen I get it, sandbox games became really popular around this time and they still are. A lot are pretty fucking fun to. I love me some Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and I've fallen in love with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. With Skyrim though, I just don't get it. I've watched my brother and his friends all fall in love with this game and I just don't see why. I've even watched StephenPlays play through the game and although there are funny moments for sure, that's all I hear mostly. I haven't even heard anybody talk about this game's story. I don't even know what the fuck it is! I've heard all of things you can do in the game and that the world is massive, but that's it.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is not that great

Don't get me wrong this game is amazing. It is a wonderful rebirth for The Legend of Zelda Series. I would love to see a remake of "Zelda II: The Adventure of Link" done in this style of gameplay... with the problems from this game fixed of course. I am an avid fan of The Legend of Zelda on the NES, which I have beaten and found a lot of secrets without a guide or map. Zelda II is one of my favorite Zelda games due to how it shook things up and its influence on the 3D Zelda games. Breath of the Wild is like that perfect recreation of the original game. It would be awesome for a remake of Zelda II in that same sense.

However it's not as great as people are making it out to be. First off, it wasn't going to be as HD as Nintendo originally promised, so although still a beautiful game it wasn't as beautiful as it could've been. Secondly, the story kind of sucks. Again this is kind of already like a remake of the original game. Simplistic story, barren wasteland after Ganon fucked everything up, and you have to defeat him so it doesn't get any worse. We've seen great stories and storytelling done in past Zelda games and I guess you would want to keep it simple for this rebirth. When Zelda jumped to 3D in Ocarina of Time though, yes it borrowed a lot of points from A Link to the Past, but it added its own grandeur to it. Breath of the Wild does not do the same. Also I know Link is a silent protagonist, but this should've been the game we hear him speak in. Why don't we?

Minecraft will be the future of gaming

I loved Minecraft when it came out and I still love it today. To others Terraria is more of your style and that can be part of this as well, but in all honesty, Minecraft had the bigger boom. Young and old alike have played this game and will still be playing this game in years to come. The future game developers will look back on Minecraft when making their games. The same as when they look back on works from Nintendo, SEGA, Konami, and hell even Bungie. Minecraft will become the new staple in the industry.

Dohn | The Interviewer | Club Stoic | If You Want To - I Wouldn't Recommend It

Arrow keys make more sense than WASD

For the longest time I resisted using WASD and just kept remapping to use arrow keys instead.

Eventually, sometime in the 2000s I think, I got lazy and just learned to use WASD.

what else? uhmm; let me think...

Every modern sonic game is awful. mario 2 USA is miles better than mario 1, 2 JP, and 3. I think all first person shooters are extremely not fun. TV and movies are boring and not worth my time. Boob shape matters more than boob size, of course it at least has to be big enough to be visible, duh. Gunstar heroes is pretty good but not even close to what it's made out to be. "best game for mega drive" "best run n gun" "one of the best games of all time" < bullshit but it's still fun Lol 

Dark souls should have been a japanese sim date game.

I find the Witcher series to be too uninspired and juvenile, and the combat system is mediocre and vague at best. A less mature mix of Berserk and Lord of the Rings where very few likable or even relatable characters.

Nier: Automata was a good game, but the narrative and gameplay was all over the place and it ultimately suffered because of that. Throwing a bunch of big words and coincindental behavior with robots doesn’t make a good story, Taro Yoko. Furthermore, there is a difference between “appealing to a wide audience” and “trying to be all things to all people” in game design, and N:A falls more into the latter more often than the former.

Dead Space 3 is a worthy addition to the Dead Space franchise, and I honestly find it baffling why fans shit on this game so much. I guess that’s because there isn’t as much claustrophobic horror as the first 2 games were, which is fair enough, but from a logical standpoint, you can’t exactly be scared of things you already faced hundreds of times before.

Final Fantasy 12 is far superior to Final Fantasy 7. 12 has stood the test of time, 7 has not. 7 is unbelievably overrated and is a complete slog to play through.

-Mother 3 shouldn't be localized.
-Earthbound/Mother 2, Undertale, Psychonauts, Okami, and Katamari Damacy are NOT underrated. Gems yes, but not hidden/obscure.
-I'm not a fan of Street Fighter, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, or even Mass Effect.
-Buying retro games that were popular are overpriced and it's bullshit.
-Beer sucks.
-The "Demolition Man" mission from GTA Vice City isn't hard as anyone said it was.
-Lambos are overrated, and video games shouldn't make them as stupidly powerful than they were IRL.
-ET didn't deserve the hate that it's got.
-Dark Souls is Cheap Tricks: The Game

For the longest time I resisted using WASD and just kept remapping to use arrow keys instead.

Eventually, sometime in the 2000s I think, I got lazy and just learned to use WASD.

Every new generation Nintendo finds a new way to suck.
Skyrim is boring.
Call of Duty is a great game series, but also cash-grab rip off with campaigns so short they should be sued.
Red Faction Armageddon was much better than Red Faction Guerrilla.
Saints Row is more fun than GTA.
Persona 5 is better than Chrono Trigger.

TBH I spend Four-Five hours writing and editing this post, Literally, so please be cool about it, lol, dont pwn me 4 this me please...

[Image: giphy.gif]

So, what do u retrozoners, think?
I've done questionable things.
#20. Post Posted: 01-06-2019, 09:35 PM
(01-06-2019, 01:47 PM)Nux Wrote: Final Fantasy 12 is far superior to Final Fantasy 7. 12 has stood the test of time, 7 has not. 7 is unbelievably overrated and is a complete slog to play through.

FFXII is the best FF ever. I've always said that and probably always will, at this point Big Grin

Regarding Dead Space 3 I disagree, but honestly I did not like DS2 too, so maybe I'm just a DS1 fanboy!

Bold statement on Minecraft. Personally I do not get the appeal of that game, but I tend to agree with you. You can already see the influence it has generated on the industry!

Also I think KH is a... stupid-ass game with stupid story and dumber combat system Tongue

I kinda agree with the rest of the post, well done. 5 hours... worth it! Ahahah

P.S. you'll get points for the Golden Eye gif <3
Consoles owned:
Sony Playstation, Sony Playstation 2, PSP, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, Sega Saturn.

Consoles wanted:
Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan.

[Image: Felneth.png]

Jump To: