Unpopular opinions

#1. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 02:19 PM
It's time to make people angry folks.  What's your opinions that people would probably smack you for?

[spoiler]

Megaman as a series is mediocre and even worse as individual games.

Playstation 1 had better exclusives than the Dreamcast (at least in the terms of playability nowadays)

Nintendo hasn't done anything relevant outside of SSBM since the SNES.

[/spoiler]
#2. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 02:35 PM
legend of zelda games are overated
I saw the gap again today while you were begging me to stay......

I'd like to tell you a story about a carpenter who had some pretty funny ideas and was born to a virgin...her name was Mary and her son was Lyle...he had a learning disability
#3. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 02:42 PM
I can agree with most your points but I really loved Super Mario Sunshine for the GameCube, as for views people will probably hate me for on gaming?

A lot of the single player games today suck.
Games started not being polished when "Patching" became a more popular thing, I believe they're just like " We can patch it later ".
The PS2 and GameCube were golden age for Co-Op games, recently had an argument with a friend as he was saying games today are better.
#4. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 02:48 PM
(11-04-2018, 02:42 PM)Matty Wrote: The PS2 and GameCube were golden age for Co-Op games

I'd agree with this 200%, been looking for coop games to play with my buddies lately and they just damn near don't exist anymore, at least not in the classic sense of story coop.
#5. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 02:50 PM
(11-04-2018, 02:48 PM)Jumbo Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 02:42 PM)Matty Wrote: The PS2 and GameCube were golden age for Co-Op games

I'd agree with this 200%, been looking for coop games to play with my buddies lately and they just damn near don't exist anymore, at least not in the classic sense of story coop.

Yep, thankfully Dolphin has Netplay and PS2 you can use Parsec on and still get some great Story games done via Co-Op!
#6. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 03:15 PM
I don't think they suck, but again, like at any point in time in gaming history, there's ever only a handful of standout titles at any given time. Most games released are average and below, I don't think being able to patch games is the cause of this. Most games ever released have bugs that either were never fixed, or only got fixed because the game got a second print run, and they had time to fix a few. Games like Final Fantasy 7 are riddled with bugs that ruin the game, and even allow you to skip sections of the story without an issue.

My problem with gaming that will be unpopular? The digital market being the mainstream way of buying games. I like to be able to enjoy a game, and loan it to a friend, or sell it to someone else when I'm done with it and no longer want it. If games go digital, then I can no longer do any of that. Won't be able to get deals from other's selling what they are done playing and I want to play.
#7. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 03:47 PM
Call of Duty titles have pretty good campaigns. Black Ops III and Advanced Warfare's campaigns were FANTASTIC, and I really liked how Infinite Warfare handled the open-ended campaign. They utilize the different mechanics of their titles pretty neatly, even if the MP is the star of the show.

Also, I think Halo 4 and 5 were pretty great.
Long Live Retro Zone
#8. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Banjo-Kazooie: nuts & Bolts is a great game. Really, if it wasn´t labeled as a Banjo game people would be all over it for it´s unique and open Mission Design. You can get very creative with your vehicle designs and get missions done in ways the Devs probably never thought of.
#9. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 08:25 PM
For the most part the Zelda games are mediocre action adventure games (apart from LttP and the ones on GB). They are not rpgs and the 3D ones (I tried everything up to TWP on GC) have some of the worst 3D action controls I've ever seen on a highly rated game.

FFXII is the best FF.

Horizon Zero Dawn is a technically beautiful soulless and boring game.

Skyrim is the worst TES after Arena and the most unjustly glorified game ever.

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but the best F-Zero game wasn't even made by Nintendo but by Sega-AV (F-Zero GX).

And the final hipster bomb: Everquest 2 was, at launch, a more promising MMO than WoW (I'm not saying WoW was trash or anything).
Consoles owned:
Sony Playstation, Sony Playstation 2, PSP, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, Sega Saturn.

Consoles wanted:
Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan.

[Image: Felneth.png]
#10. Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 08:42 PM
(11-04-2018, 08:25 PM)Felneth Wrote: Skyrim is the worst TES after Arena and the most unjustly glorified game ever.

Holy shit, there's an interesting one.

Jump To: