Donate Home Forums Chat Search Member List Calendar

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Full Game List Reveal | PlayStation Classic
(12-04-2018, 10:54 PM)TonyBiH Wrote: I have PS1 original fat one. Maybe laser is worn out. I did replaced CD spinner that was broke appart five years ago. That was guy that worked in Task Doboj service sad to me. And I used for about 5 years and loaned from time to times to my friends. Now I don't know is it obsolite to fix it somwhere or just order PSone laser online just I'we heard original one have extension cord so you can plug laser on other side in fat PS1. In PSOne you don't need big cord because everything is close. My PS2 don't have hard disc or network adapter and is not modded but I use ESR to play backups. I found used PSOne online for about 25 € plus 5 € of delivery. I just don't know what I should do? My latest invest was PS4 not PS3 i skipped all together that because of NES and SNES Minis.

In that case i, personally, would go with that PSOne, if it looks like it's in a good condition and if the seller seems trustworthy (always carefully check buyer's feedback), because they have the best lasers of all models and that price is okay.
As for laser replacement, to fit a PSOne laser properly in fat PS1 you would have to do a case mod i think. You can find appropriate laser for your PS1 model online, here are the serial numbers of lasers for each console model: KSM-440-ACM (SCPH-100X), KSM-440-ADM (SCPH-500X), KSM-440-AEM (SCPH-750X/SCPH-900X) and KSM-440-BAM (SCPH-10X - PSOne), but it's better to get it from another system if you can.
Before deciding whether to buy a console or a new laser, you could try to tweak the laser in your PS1 if it have trouble reading discs (yourself or give it to someone to do it for you).
You can find many tutorials on the subject, just enter something like "PS1 laser calibration" or "PS1 laser trimpot adjustment" in search on Google or YouTube.
It's not difficult at all, but it's preferable to have a potentiometer, although it's not required.
"I’ve been thinking. When life gives you lemons? Don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad!"  Smile
Check flea markets , i have found at least 15 of PS1 and 10 of PS2 very cheap there , some of them work ,some dont , some complete with controlers and cables .
 As long you assume they are alreay broken, and bargain with that in mind,you will go very cheap.
 I mostly payed PS1 1-5 KM , and PS2 5-15 KM tops .
In worst case, you end up with spare parts .
That way i was able to combine few chiped consoles with broken lasers , with working lasers i ripped from dead motherboard consoles. All PS1 lasers will work on any PS1 anyway, it is just a mater it will fit in case or not lol. If yes, fine, if not it will work anyway in emergency, if you just leave it open and jamm sensors lol.
I think I will go first with PlayStation Classic even If they don't hack it because of HDMI and Metal Gear Solid, I just regret there is no Front Mission 3 in PSClassic. Then I will buy PSOne I have old CRT Sony TV. When I play Front Mission 3 on new HD TV there are mistakes.
[Image: JtQ6Ayl.png]
I just recently got a (third generation) Fat PS3 80gb for £40 from a Cash Converters shop. Put a custom firmware on it and can run all the PS1 games I want. Oh, and PS3 games too. A PlayStation Classic costs double that. Not a chance.
(12-09-2018, 09:15 AM)Parka1300 Wrote: I just recently got a (third generation) Fat PS3 80gb for £40 from a Cash Converters shop. Put a custom firmware on it and can run all the PS1 games I want. Oh, and PS3 games too. A PlayStation Classic costs double that. Not a chance.

Good point, maybe time for me to start stocking up on ps3/360 consoles Lol
about 2 days and the thing got hacked LOL.
[Image: lNJddbp.gif]

really i can't
(12-09-2018, 11:00 AM)Biggsy666 Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 09:15 AM)Parka1300 Wrote: I just recently got a (third generation) Fat PS3 80gb for £40 from a Cash Converters shop. Put a custom firmware on it and can run all the PS1 games I want. Oh, and PS3 games too. A PlayStation Classic costs double that. Not a chance.

Good point, maybe time for me to start stocking up on ps3/360 consoles Lol

I took a bit of a chance getting a Fat PS3 after reading about overheating problems etc but it seems ok. The Fat's are guaranteed to be hackable though so £40 wasn't too much to lose.

It plays all PS1 games out of the box and can be made to play PS2 games with a bit of jiggery pokery and can install warez .pkg PS3 titles.

I hope no one buys the PS1 Classic. 20-odd shitty emulated games and the original shitty joypad for £90 haha.

***Edit: Incase anyone is thinking of doing the same thing, I followed this YouTube video and it worked. I'd never even touched a PS3 before the beginning of December lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwrxInwfz_E
^ thank dude, i currently have two ps3's so i'm not rushing to get more. If i see one going cheap and its working (or returnable) i think i'll pick it up though.

Is the latest firmware hackable?, i recently allowed (couple of days ago) my fat that i keep upstairs to update. 4.83 i think it is.
Not all Ps1 games are playable on PS3 that is what I'm heard from game collectors from various channels. I just bought PlayStation Classic and added Crash Team Racing, Jackie Chan Stuntmaster, Front Mission 3 and Crash Trilogy and for now I'm more than fine until hackers made GUI that will do more for common user. Also I got used PSone with two controllers, memory card and all cables, chiped so I'm more than fine for now. PS3 games will wait some other times.
[Image: JtQ6Ayl.png]