Retro Zone
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It (Still) Worth Buying a Nintendo Wii in 2018 to Softmod?
yeah and the best part is that now theres a way to play online again.
Is a WiiU better for emulation and recommended above a Wii these days? I own a Wii, but the sensor bar doesn't seem to work.
(11-12-2018, 09:31 AM)Duwen Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 02:55 PM)XC-3730C Wrote: If you want it for emulation, I would highly reccomend an Xbox instead. They are cheap, easy to mod, and have many more/better emus than a Wii
I don't own an og Xbox, but I'm intrigued by what additional/better emu's it has over a soft modded Wii...

Man I have not even seen an xbox for sale in like 12 years.
Thank you, everyone, for all the great advice, I'll be considering to buy one this year Big Grin have a great one! Cheers
I've done questionable things.
(01-23-2019, 03:13 PM)Nux Wrote: Thank you, everyone, for all the great advice, I'll be considering to buy one this year Big Grin have a great one! Cheers

Whether you go Wii or WiiU, get it now or get it later, you need to know that Nintendo is ending all support and online services for the Wii.  

The recommendation is to get NUSDownloader and/or ModMii and get all system updates, channels, CIOS's, etc. as those come from Nintendo's servers which are going offline on January 31st.  Make a backup of them so that when you are ready to mod your Wii or vWii, you have them.
I know this is old but I have recently got a nice setup on my homebrewed wii and I'd say yes
I have emulatored super scope and zapper games using wii mote, backing up GC game saves, playing triforce arcade games and most surprisingly a fantastic port of quake!