Donate Home Forums Chat Search Member List Calendar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion about system for certain games in the Index
(11-14-2018, 04:47 PM)Duwen Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 04:14 PM)rlittl01 Wrote: Hi,
I would like to make a suggestion on a secure site. So, others can enjoy content. First a private site that is invite only. Is the only way to go. That way user signups are a little restricted. So would the content be. Second since alot of people don't have fast connections. NZB/Usenet should be the facilitator of retrieving and storing content. Pertaining to the content that was previously on isozone and other such website. These nzb's should be further password protect. To also give further protection to the content. I also suggest everyone get's a personal code signing up. So the only way to see login page is to first input personal code. In a fake page search bar. Once entered correctly. The login credentials shows up. NZB sites are alot more harder to join if their private. Due to the nature of usenet. And having to pay for a provider.
People still use Usenet? Most moved on to torrents about 20yrs ago... some of us still use private torrent sites for our "full romsets" - while that's an option I can't imagine anyone agreeing with someone shilling for NZB.

If you are willing to go through those hoops you might as well move the entire site to the deepweb.
Whatever you decide to do please don't leave me alone and outside. I feel sometimes like lone dinosaur that still care about old vintage stuff.
[Image: JtQ6Ayl.png]
(11-14-2018, 04:47 PM)Duwen Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 04:14 PM)rlittl01 Wrote: Hi,
I would like to make a suggestion on a secure site. So, others can enjoy content. First a private site that is invite only. Is the only way to go. That way user signups are a little restricted. So would the content be. Second since alot of people don't have fast connections. NZB/Usenet should be the facilitator of retrieving and storing content. Pertaining to the content that was previously on isozone and other such website. These nzb's should be further password protect. To also give further protection to the content. I also suggest everyone get's a personal code signing up. So the only way to see login page is to first input personal code. In a fake page search bar. Once entered correctly. The login credentials shows up. NZB sites are alot more harder to join if their private. Due to the nature of usenet. And having to pay for a provider.
People still use Usenet? Most moved on to torrents about 20yrs ago... some of us still use private torrent sites for our "full romsets" - while that's an option I can't imagine anyone agreeing with someone shilling for NZB.

I still use usenet. I have more own personal  usenet indexer. That I share among co workers in a vm. It's still the safest way to share data. I also torrent. But not everyone is interested in "seeding".  Just downloading what they want and keep it moving. Retention vs Seeding the former is still in my opinion. The best way to archive data. Securely. Anyway it's just a suggestion. That if asked I could help implement. Since I have manage torrent site before. And manage a usenet indexer for my coworkser to share "stuff". And in social clubs that share pc games. I torrent and I need a seedbox. Because my connection is not fast enough. Usenet is a much cheaper solution. I'm just a old school warez guy. That has been doing this for a very long time. And I seen em come and go.
There are 2 ways to look at this.

1. Privatize the files = safer but less attention then public.
2. We focus on a easier way to play the cat and mouse game with DMCA.

We can't stop DMCA's they are gonna gonna happen eventually, all we can do is setup a link repo for multiple links to each game and then have the "masters" backed up away from all of this madness and leak a rom out here and there if they die.

this is why I have teams, they all have jobs, and are all pounding away back here on solutions.
https://retrozone.co/forums/thread-363.html

If you like this place please help us if you can.

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkT19uH2RQ]