Canceled games that would be cool to see

#11. Post Posted: 11-25-2018, 01:01 AM
I-Ninja 2. There's an entire post about it on Unseen64.
#12. Post Posted: 11-25-2018, 07:31 PM
(11-24-2018, 06:14 AM)Zerohour2k12 Wrote: Silent Hills would've been epic (Kojima-Del Toro Collab)
And also Scalebound....

Yeah I'm still bummed with the Silent Hills cancellation.  I think the Comix Zone sequel would've been cool as well.
#13. Post Posted: 11-25-2018, 08:33 PM
The real Thunder force 6
#14. Post Posted: 11-26-2018, 10:32 AM
Silent Hills
Star Wars 1313
Visceral's Star Wars game
Suda51/Grasshopper's Lily Bergamo (which kind of became Let it Die, but LB seemed like the more interesting game).
Not technically cancelled, but looking increasingly less likely to ever be made, Tekken X Street Fighter (Namco's 'response' to Capcoms Street Fighter X Tekken).
#15. Post Posted: 11-27-2018, 12:57 AM
Project Van Buren counts? Its cancelled, but the alpha exists Big Grin

The Real Fallout 3:

https://www.moddb.com/games/van-buren/do...-tech-demo
#16. Post Posted: 11-29-2018, 12:25 PM
Player Manager 2019 for PS4. There is no more sport strategy games for console. Imagine how much they can put inside blueray disc novadays based on same engine of Player Manager 2000 for PlayStation 1. With new graphics same engine that is one of best AI of time because gameplay is still kicking.

Also Championship Manager 01/02 that gameplay from PC for PS4 like Championship Manager 2019/2020 from Eidos. I'm sure that could be done. I know they give up because of Football Manager but when it comes to console there is nobody there.

I would love to se Front Mission Trilogy Remastered and later maybe FM4 i FM5 also remastered.

Crash Team Racing Remastered for PS4.

Parasite Eve III for PS4 or at least remastered first two sequels.

Worms Armageddon Remastered for PS4
[Image: JtQ6Ayl.png]
#17. Post Posted: 11-29-2018, 06:30 PM
Would love to have played Dead Rush, a sandbox zombie game which was designed by Treyarch. Sadly, it was cancelled. The magazines called the game as 'Grand Theft Undead' and 'Grand Theft Evil'. Other details about the game were..

Quote:The game would have taken place in the town of Eastport where a massive earthquake has destroyed most of humanity. As Jake, a character suffering from memory loss, the player's job was to try to find out exactly what happened in Eastport, which is now overflowing with zombies.

The game's main claim to fame was the fact that as Jake, players could operate one of several vehicles scattered around town. Not only would this provide the player with a means of transportation but it would also serve as armour of sorts. The zombies in Eastport would try to wreck whatever car Jake was driving. Luckily the player could create new vehicles out of parts of previously demolished cars.

Trailers for the game

Some journalists got a beta copy of the game for review purposes before the cancellation was announced. Would love to play the beta version at least.
#18. Post Posted: 11-29-2018, 07:59 PM
Loose Cannon [PC, probably XBox], a 3D Open World Action game developed by Digital Anvil around 99 / 2000, looked very promising and ambitious for the time. When Digital Anvil was bought by Microsoft the game was canceled and the concept and probably the name where sold to Ubi Soft who never did anything with it.

The 2007 version of Elveon. There was a new itteration of this 3 years ago wich so far also didn´t made it to a complete game, but that never version somehow didn´t appeal to me anymore.

Duke Nukem Forever 2001 Version. This looked so much better than what was released. And I would happily pay full retail price if they would release the 2001 Version now. And I´m 100% sure that if it had been released back then the game would be a cult classic now.

The Originaly Intended Version of Ride to Hell: Retribution. The Original concept was a Open World Biker game. You can see a few glimpses of that in some of the final Levels and the stupidly great and detail Bike customization that feels out of place in the final game would have made much more sense in the original context. Sadly the Project derailed to an insane amount somewhere during development.

The PS1 Version of Unreal. Yes, this was aa thing that was actualy being worked on. It would have been a different levels than the PC version wich would have used the same basic environments, visuals style and themes, more or less making it a "Unreal Remix Edition". Some of the Map Files where recovered and made avaiable for play in the PC version, however so far no build to run on actual PS1 Hardware was found.

Rainbow Six Patriots. Despite not liking the Vegas games I was so hyped for this when it was announced. Instead of canceling it they should have made it the SP Campaign Mode for Siege.

Reich, a very ambitious FPS with highly destructible environments and a Sci-Fi Nazi Setting with Psy Powers. Sadly the whole development of this game became a complete mess ruining the game in the progress because a few people made realy dumb personal decisions.

Here is a really good Video with much better Footage of Reich (The one in the Pitch Video is more or less just the PhysX Demo game Cellfactor) and what happened during development.

EDIT

Just remembered this one and had to add it. Six Days in Fallujah was going to be a Tactical Shooter based on the 2004 Battle for the name giving City of Fallujah. It was developed with the help of Veterans from said Battle and generaly was praised by military personell for it´s respectful and realistic depiction of actual combat. Despite this it got equal amounts of criticism from both military personell and familiy members of fallen soldiers for being tasteless and glorifying the events in a Video Game. Konami, the intended publisher, decided to not publish the game and the developers reportedly finished the game, however they where never able to find a new publisher. In August 2012 it was said by the Studio that the game was definitly not canceled, however since it still isn´t released to this day it is safe to assume that it probably won´t see the light of day anytime soon. Considering how easy it is to get games on Steam these days it could have been on the platform easily.

#19. Post Posted: 11-30-2018, 12:26 AM
Sleeping Dogs 2, loved the first one and always hoped for a sequel and it's never gonna happen.
#20. Post Posted: 12-02-2018, 05:13 PM
(11-29-2018, 07:59 PM)Sabkahn Wrote: The 2007 version of Elveon. There was a new itteration of this 3 years ago wich so far also didn´t made it to a complete game, but that never version somehow didn´t appeal to me anymore.

Oh boy, I totally forgot about Elveon! I was so hyped about it! It's a shame its first iteration never saw the release of anything more than a teaser and some artworks.
Consoles owned:
Sony Playstation, Sony Playstation 2, PSP, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, Sega Saturn.

Consoles wanted:
Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan.

[Image: Felneth.png]
Jump To:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My favorite Light gun games Games Moandain 3 296 11-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Biggsy666
  My favorite PC-FX Games Moandain 2 227 11-13-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: PinKy
  My favorite Neo geo games Moandain 9 814 10-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Moandain
  Love/Hate games? Kremiso 11 1,199 07-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Kremiso
Big Grin Games to play before you die Nux 23 4,292 06-13-2019, 10:34 AM
Last Post: iamthegamefreak
  Favorite Co-Op games Moandain 8 1,116 05-19-2019, 06:43 PM
  For Valkirye Profile games fans SasaPinjic 1 380 04-24-2019, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Kremiso
  Girlfriend or Video Games? Nux 34 7,532 04-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Duwen
  Any addicted to games with upgrading elements in it? Nux 7 1,251 03-28-2019, 08:22 PM
Last Post: MisterXiado
  Infamous hard missions / games you thought where easy Sabkahn 9 1,519 03-27-2019, 12:43 PM