help needed with PCSX2 1.4.0

#21. Post Posted: 01-28-2019, 11:15 PM
IMO since the days of epsxe it's always better to use an ISO.  The emulators are not really designed for disks, its a low priority.  On top of that a PS1 or PS2 console spins the disc constantly, where as computer cd-roms do not, making disc spin up time, a really annoying issue.

I remember this old PC game diablo2 which I played the hell out of, it loaded the boss death speech sounds from disc, and I remember how it always paused the game after a boss died, to spin up the disc so it could play the audio.  Meanwhile, people with the no-cd crack grabbed all the boss drop and gold items LOL, and then I was left with crap.  Yeah if it doesn't read the disc for a while the disc will stop spinning, you can hear it stop, and then it will have to spin up again which takes like 3+ seconds, during which time your game will freeze basically.

But yeah there are no advantages to using disc on PC.  It reads slower, wait times, spinup, all downsides.  I suggest use ISO

But if you insist on the disc you go to cdvd menu and select plugin, then configure the plugin. There might be other plugins besides Gigahertz one but you will have to make sure they work with the 1.2.1 version of pcsx2
#22. Post Posted: 01-30-2019, 06:31 PM
(01-28-2019, 11:15 PM)Dildo_Schwaggins Wrote: IMO since the days of epsxe it's always better to use an ISO.  The emulators are not really designed for disks, its a low priority.  On top of that a PS1 or PS2 console spins the disc constantly, where as computer cd-roms do not, making disc spin up time, a really annoying issue.

But yeah there are no advantages to using disc on PC.  It reads slower, wait times, spinup, all downsides.  I suggest use ISO
I'll have to agree with Schwaggins' statement here. Stick with using ISO. There have been a few games (kind of rare) I had found where the ISO plugin doesn't work so well when reading data in a particular way. So, in those cases, mounting the ISO to a virtual disc drive alleviates those problems.
#23. Post Posted: 01-30-2019, 06:54 PM
(01-30-2019, 06:31 PM)Exh0rder Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 11:15 PM)Dildo_Schwaggins Wrote: IMO since the days of epsxe it's always better to use an ISO.  The emulators are not really designed for disks, its a low priority.  On top of that a PS1 or PS2 console spins the disc constantly, where as computer cd-roms do not, making disc spin up time, a really annoying issue.

I'll have to agree with Schwaggins' statement here. Stick with using ISO. There have been a few games (kind of rare) I had found where the ISO plugin doesn't work so well when reading data in a particular way. So, in those cases, mounting the ISO to a virtual disc drive alleviates those problems.

I'm not trying to generalize here but I'll back that up by adding that the read speed of an average hard drive is way faster than a disc and using an ISO of the disc will always have some benefits, but is not necessarily the main problem when the game starts lagging during large scenes.

You can try Speedhacks to solve this kind of issues which will help you compress more FPS but sometimes this can produce some glitches.
But let's just be clear, processor and graphics unit are what matters most in these cases.
I've done questionable things.

Jump To:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pcsx2 how use keyboard as controller Dartz 5 189 07-19-2019, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Dartz