Retro Zone
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreamcast very picky with games
(03-12-2019, 07:19 PM)Sabkahn Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 07:13 PM)prolerino Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 02:53 PM)Sabkahn Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 02:50 PM)prolerino Wrote: I´m not into DC, but I heard in order to burn DC Games successfully, you need to use DiscJuggler. Maybe the non-functional discs are not burned with DiscJuggler.
Hopefully it´ll help you out tho

I wish I could live in a world where people read and understand something they are commenting on properly

Damn, somehow I skipped your post about the Legit Game Discs, my bad. Still there´s no need to be toxic tho Wink

Dude, first off, it was mentioned in the Original, first Post of the Topic, it was mentioned in my first reply in this Topic and it was mentioned again in the first Post I made today. Plenty of chances to see that when reading through the topic.

Second, nobody was or is toxic, we are just not here to protect special snowflakes that make comments unrelated to the issue because the snowflake didn't take the time to read the topic he commented in anyway.
This „snowflake“ thing is literally what I meant. This is probably the most childish respectively embarrassing behavior  I’ve seen around and didn’t expect that to be honest.
I was too quick, so? What’s the matter, I just tried to help but I don’t think you didn’t get any manners teached in your childhood. I won’t bother discussing anymore, hope you’ll find a solution for your problem (or did I miss that too?)
Chill out dudes. We're all friends here Smile

Heres a nice DC to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside Lol

Have you checked the discs themselves to make sure they aren't dirty or scratched?  They could have bit rot as well if they were stored in a hot place.  If it's only certain discs, I don't think it would be the drive.  All official discs were pressed on GD-ROM discs the same way.
@[b]Biggsy666[/b] - STOP IT  lol you know dreamcasts are my kryptonite
Eternally walking the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Thread cleaned,play nice now.
(03-13-2019, 07:27 AM)wullie13 Wrote: @[b]Biggsy666[/b] - STOP IT  lol you know dreamcasts are my kryptonite

Sorry Lol

@[b]Biggsy666[/b]  which one is for sale? lol
Eternally walking the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
(03-12-2019, 11:48 PM)CMR779 Wrote: Have you checked the discs themselves to make sure they aren't dirty or scratched?  They could have bit rot as well if they were stored in a hot place.  If it's only certain discs, I don't think it would be the drive.  All official discs were pressed on GD-ROM discs the same way.

Like I said, they look flawless in terms scratches, no dirt either as i developed a habit of wiping off disc based games before playing to remove potential fingerprints. No discoloration either.

So far I have only ever seen Rot on Laserdisc and HD-DVD, both tend to have a clearly visible discoloration, usualy starting from the outer edge of the disc.

Still have to find my regulat A/V cable, I'll update once I know more.
My personal, not-so-fancy blog about Theme Parks and related media with some other stuff sprinkled in.

https://www.dive-loop.com/
I know you don't use burned discs, but you might try downloading and burning one of the games that don't work just to see if it does that way. That might rule out any hardware issues beyond the drive. It just seems odd to me that two separate drives are giving you the same problems with the same games.

@ Biggsy666 Those dreamcasts look sweet. That MK logo would look great in gold on a black system.
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 15
Today, 05:50 AM
Last Postdreamcast459
Replies: 2
Views: 799
11-12-2018, 05:06 AM