Donate Home Forums Chat Search Member List Calendar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which linux distribution do you use for your desktop?
I've been looking in the linux OS and its different flavors lately and i'm really liking Mint,Ubuntu and Solus.
I have no reference for other distros than Solus, because I was switching from Windows straight to Solus early 2018 and I am really happy.
Might sound crazy but Solus combined with Lutris is the gaming experience I need and on top I have an OS with all the benefits that comes with Linux and an environment (Budgie) that fit my preferences.
I even changed my parents laptop to Solus (because Windows updates screwed up the whole system) and since the change I never looked back, no problems at all, at least that's my experience so far.
Linux Mint is also a good choice
still too young to know it all.
I´m running Ubuntu, mostly because similar to Debian it has really good support for the Software Repository System they have in place, and as a lazy person I really like that I can easily keep my Software up to date along with the OS itself, but only if and when I give my OK for the System to do so.

Haven´t looked into Lutris yet, but that´s mostly down to most of my gaming being done on Steam anyway and Proton already being a very solid solution.

I switched to Linux very late in 2018, around Christmas, however I did use various Suse versions in the past (IIRC 9.2 was the most recent I had) and my experience now is already much better than it was back then. So far I did boot into my Win10 Installation a Handfull of times, but that was for games that so far flat out don´t work under Linux like Planet Coaster and mostly VR Games since it seems that the Windows MR Headsets too closed of a System to get it working properly without the Software from Microsoft. Even Steam for Windows needs to launch the MS Software that I´m pretty sure drags down my Performance to work with the Headset.
I use 3 distros. Gentoo, Arch Linix and Mint. Each one has a different purpose.
I like MInt, I've been using it for a few years now, but Lutris looks cool I may try it out on my living room PC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help: Move Windows and Install Linux Sabkahn 15 525 01-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Sabkahn
  Help needed with Linux apt-get command. Dragon Mech 2 109 12-23-2018, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Dragon Mech
  What's Your Preferred Linux Distribution? c3ntr0n800 16 1,098 12-09-2018, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Jbravo