Retro Zone
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arcade played in childhood/youth era ?
Kiki Kai Kai btw has a follow up on PS2 called "Heavenly Guardian", which is quite good.

Wiki
Quote:Like The Ninja Warriors, KiKi KaiKai had been a one-off work until 1992, when Taito allowed Natsume to release KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Mantle, which would be known as Pocky & Rocky for its North American release. Natsume would follow up with Pocky & Rocky 2, and years later would help Altron to release Pocky & Rocky with Becky.

A modern continuation to KiKi KaiKai, KiKi KaiKai 2, was originally in development for the PlayStation 2 console by Starfish Entertainment and set for a 2006 release, but was canceled early in its development[13] only to reemerge as the unlicensed spiritual successor with title Kiki Kai World, which later became Heavenly Guardian when published.[citation needed]

The protagonist of the game's design, as well as the ghost enemies, would later become heavy influences for the characters Reimu Hakurei and equivalent ghost enemies respectively in the Touhou Project games on the PC-98.[citation needed]

In WarioWare: D.I.Y., Sayo-chan from KiKi KaiKai appeared in one of the microgames.
^^ did not know about this ps2 follow up, thanks
i was freezed at Pocky & Rocky 2 Super Nintendo, great too Smile
[Image: cfa05c5c3b4dbaadfb5b25993f2823d7.jpg]
Ive heard about Kiki Kaikai before but never played it, reminds me of Touhou cause is basically the love child of Kiki and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Tongue
I've done questionable things.
Alot of great ones,
The ones I think I played the most was TNMT the arcade game
Super Hang ON, WrestleFest. Street Fighter ll Mortal Kombat 
XMEN the arcade game, Magic Sword, Contra, and so on!

(02-11-2019, 05:08 PM)Nux Wrote: Ive heard about Kiki Kaikai before but never played it, reminds me of Touhou cause is basically the love child of Kiki and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Tongue

Smile
great game to play also today, the PC Engine port too is well maded
also, i must admit that until Super Nintendo era i thought that main character was a monk, and not a shrine maiden...
power of sprites Smile
Best thing about Kiki Kai Kai is the music, other than the game is good fun for 10p Smile
I know the soundtrack to this game note-perfect... Another one I played far too often...

Two games I recommend you play are (well 3 actually)
Thunder Cross 1 and 2
Great SEU's

Tumble Pop
I won a hi-score comp playing this game, won a Zip-Stick Joystick Smile
Good simple Platform game like Bubble Bobble - Good fun, can complete it on one credit Smile
(02-11-2019, 08:24 PM)ZX81v2 Wrote: Tumble Pop
I won a hi-score comp playing this game, won a Zip-Stick Joystick Smile
Good simple Platform game like Bubble Bobble - Good fun, can complete it on one credit Smile

was watching gameplay videos of this one
Data East??? as you said seems more a Taito one, a Parasol Stars spin off Smile
never heard of it, ++
DECO are one of the original Arcade game Manufacturers
Data East Co. Smile

Around the same era as Atari
Already mentioned my favorites arcades in some other threads,just gona relist them again:
-Psychic 5,
-Robocop,
-Time Pilot.
(02-12-2019, 11:42 AM)SasaPinjic Wrote: Already mentioned my favorites arcades in some other threads,just gona relist them again:
-Psychic 5,
-Robocop,
-Time Pilot.
Robocop! oh man it never gets old Lol I have a funny story, a "Robocop" arcade game cabinet swallowed a 50p coin of mine back in 1998. Why would Robocop allow this to happen? Roulette BTW the ZXSpectrum version of this game was hard as shit! mainly because robocop stops in his tracks whenever he gets hit but I've read online that luckily, there is a poke that eliminates that. To be honest the arcade was way easier. I wonder why today's games aren't that harder than they were before?. Nowadays it's virtually impossible to loose a game unless you quit it. There are no more "3 lives" games Sleepy
I've done questionable things.
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 20
Views: 1,118
02-08-2019, 02:47 AM
Last Postgamegeek
Replies: 20
Views: 1,072