Retro Zone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with XboxHDM USB
I have tried a few times to hook up my 1tb hard drive to run it on XboxHDM USB and for some reason every time it just will not recognize the hard drive at all. I am curious if anyone else has ran into this issue I really want to get this hdd installed and load all the games onto it. Any help is appreciated thanks.
Found this online, hope it helps

Quote:Buy a generic SATA to USB adaptor, not an HDD enclosure or cloning station.

Most things should work for prepping the HDD, but locking requires a compatible adaptor, there are quite a few. But hubs and enclosures probably won’t work. ( the latest build of smartmontools supports more chipsets, but it’s not been modified to do the RC4 eeprom key decryption )

Smartmontools USB Device Support:
https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Suppo...SB-Devices

I only use 2.5” drives in my Xbox and I have two adaptors, one generic Chinese one and the Xbox 360 transfer kit. ( the original grey one ) both work for cloning and locking of all my HDDs.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/co...3usb_help/
I've done questionable things.
Quote:I have tried a few times to hook up my 1tb hard drive to run it on XboxHDM USB and for some reason every time it just will not recognize the hard drive at all. I am curious if anyone else has ran into this issue I really want to get this hdd installed and load all the games onto it. Any help is appreciated thanks.
Some of the USB-to-SATA adapters require that an additional option is included to work.  For my adapter, I had to add "-d sat" to all the lines in the batch files that run smartctl.exe (e.g., smartctl.exe -d sat ...remainder of command line...).

Find the USB vendorID:productID value (I use usbview.exe, link to RAR archive) for your adapter. Then, check the smartmontools compatibility list for your vendorID:productID for additional options that may be required for it to work properly.

The extracted usbview.exe is VirusTotal confirmed to be virus free.
I actually used it gotta relook at that and see
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 224
03-12-2019, 01:51 AM
Last PostIloveGames