Movies structured like vgames ?

#1. Post Posted: 02-16-2019, 09:52 PM
Video 
a couple of days ago i have watched a Netflix movie,
Black Mirror : Bandersnatch
its a psychological/thriller that talk of a nerdy
programmer who is transforming a fantasy book in a ZX Spectrum game Smile
the movie imo hide something good for retronostalgics, although become a mess in the second half...

someone have watched it ?

also please use this thread to share opinions about this or other movies inherent vgames you think needs a watch Idea
[Image: cfa05c5c3b4dbaadfb5b25993f2823d7.jpg]
#2. Post Posted: 02-17-2019, 09:50 PM
Jumanji 2 with Dwayne  Rock Johnson was deacent movie with (retro)gaming related theme , i liked certain scens,like one where Rock run real fast because he has great speed stat . 

(Fast forward to 2:10 for that):

#3. Post Posted: 02-18-2019, 08:46 AM
^^ you got the point lol
probably not so many, yet there are surely some with vgames-like features inside

Hardcore Henry ie, its another decent one
completely in first person, watching this let me remember Breakdown (Namco) for the ogXbox Smile

#4. Post Posted: 02-18-2019, 09:18 AM
Ik this may not apply here but I enjoyed every scene in Tron Legacy especially this one when Sam has to ride the light cycle to defeat Clu and also The Disc Wars, knowingly these were real Arcade games before the first movie came out.

IMO is simply the most structured like vgames movie ever, maybe I'm wrong.
Ready Player One was also a good movie, but not my fave.
I've done questionable things.
#5. Post Posted: 02-18-2019, 01:55 PM
^^ @Nux they fit perfectly here Smile
in Tron legacy i like also the old arcades room sequence ++
i must also agree with your judge about Ready Player One, the movie is imo decent, but nothing more, for some points of view, a missed opportunity
#6. Post Posted: 02-18-2019, 10:07 PM
Maybe it’s a bit off for this thread but The Wizard (1989) is all about video games. It’s a lighthearted movie for kids but there are plenty of references to games (Super Mario, Power Glove, Ninja Gaiden, etc.).
From IMDB: “A boy and his brother run away from home and hitch cross country with the help of a girl they meet to compete in the ultimate video game championship.”
#7. Post Posted: 02-18-2019, 10:36 PM
The Wizard was an awesome film - Mario Bros III First look Smile
#8. Post Posted: 02-18-2019, 10:38 PM
#9. Post Posted: 02-19-2019, 05:41 AM
Ok this will sound dumb but I just remember the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie, I think that one could fit well here, the walkthrough is kinda similar to the real game but not enough, as tomb raider and resident evil does, I'm probably wrong idk Tongue does Tekken and need for speed movies belong here as well? Lol
I've done questionable things.
#10. Post Posted: 02-19-2019, 08:02 AM
(02-19-2019, 05:41 AM)Nux Wrote: Ok this will sound dumb but I just remember the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie, I think that one could fit well here, the walkthrough is kinda similar to the real game but not enough, as tomb raider and resident evil does, I'm probably wrong idk Tongue does Tekken and need for speed movies belong here as well? Lol

no, not these ones Smile
about movies made from vgames there is already a good thread from @Krillin

probably also Edge of Tomorrow can be add to my list,
due his particular flowing, like vgames checkpoints

EDIT the Wizard LOL !
here in Italy has a longer title, 'the little big wizard of videogames' (translated) Sad
good one ++
Jump To: