Retro Zone
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARCADE EMULATOR
I just watched a youtube video of this and it just seems more polished and user friendly than the original. I've got cheats and bezels setup in my mame 0.165. I've attempted to try and compile Mame before but couldn't figure it out. You'll have to help me sometime. Hell I could be a tester. MAME is my favorite emulator.
(03-18-2019, 10:58 PM)gamegeek Wrote: I just watched a youtube video of this and it just seems more polished and user friendly than the original. I've got cheats and bezels setup in my mame 0.165. I've attempted to try and compile Mame before but couldn't figure it out. You'll have to help me sometime. Hell I could be a tester. MAME is my favorite emulator.

I have been working with MAME since 0.28, way back in the DOS dayz....
I used to collect the full set for the original MAME, but after it merged with MESS, it became a joke when it comes to Hard Disk Space, especially with all the none working CHD's/ROMS/Laserdisks.
So around v0.147 I decided it would be a great idea to release a Working Roms Only pack, that was then, this is now....

I have refined how I sort files and streamlined the process as much as possible.
Biggest issue with MAME is the fact that rom-names change version to version, so you may have a workng rom, but latest version of emulator can't find the rom because it was wrongly named for new version. This applies to ALL FILES, including ARTWORK/Samples/BIOS Files.

I don't compile MAME, the binary EXE files, I just use compiled versions of the emulators...
MAMEUIFX is where it all started, and currently "ARCADE" is where it is. ARCADE is purely Arcade games. No Pinball/Gamblers/Mechanicals etc... Just GAMES

CHD's have possibly changed since you had 165 build, but these can be "Updated" rather than re-downloaded.

The ARCADE 0.200 Base is a great place to start from. Easy to burn ISO files for easy backup.
Optional 6 DVD images of CHD's. And I offer it all for free :)
Plus all the roms are correct and tested and compressed using 7z instead of ZIP so a hell of a lot smaller :)

Soon as 0.210 is released I will be releasing the next "update" ISO

Best source for MAME Emulators/Information : https://MAMEWORLD.INFO
Remember a "BINARY" is basically a "EXE" file, just a term used.

Why compile your own if it's already one by people who know what they are doing lol :)

Stick around, this project ain't over yet....

ZX81v2

P.S.
I also offer a separate image containing all the NVRAM/CFG Files for a £5 donation. This is not required, but it helps a lot as it contains all the games "SETUPS/Initializations", meaning you don't have to wait while a game like Street Fighter III Installs itself... for an hour and a half...
EVERY Working game has been setup and also includes a Configs for using XBOX 360 game pads, all games mapped*.
*Controls mainly Gamepad others require MOUSE

IF anyone would like this let me know
Good to see the collection back in action after the closure of "that other website ending in zone"  Wink

I`m interested in your ready made nvram/config send me the details.
Messaged
Thanks to : Orientaldevil9 , varkanoid
You both will receive the next update (0.205-210) 24 hours before I let it go live
and you will have 100% support from me

ZX81v2
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 22
Views: 1,250
03-19-2019, 01:07 AM
Last PostZX81v2
Replies: 5