Retro Zone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished exams and got a pretty good retro haul! :)
So I FINALLY did my final graduation exam yesterday. I think there is a 90% chance i will pass this exam,so i am thankful. This is the final exam for my graduation to be done and become a full fledged pharmacist Smile.

After the exam i went to check the usual market (which i haven't been to in over a month) and got a pretty nice haul! as always,i thought to share my finds with you guys Smile
For the equivalent of 13$ in total,i got the following from various guys:

-a PAL SNES in pretty good condition. Console Only though,except for a pretty damn nice item on it: a "Universal Adapter Upgrade Version AD29",which is a device that allows you to play game from all regions by inserting a PAL cart in the back and the game you want to play in the front. i read that this is a rare improved version of the original Universal adapter which has very few incompatibilities. I tested it with many NTSC late releases (such as DKC2 and KI) and they all played perfectly on the PAL SNES! there was only one game that showed an error,but the weird thing is,that game was the Secret Of Mana PAL version. Yup. all games from all regions (NTSC,PAL,and Japanese)that i tested worked perfectly,except for this one PAL game that refused to work through the adapter on a PAL system! No clue how that works lol. seriously,WTH XD
also,at first i thought the converter was hard wired to the system,because i pulled it really hard and it wouldnt move,then during testing it i was just gently pulling a game out and it popped out with it lol. now it is easy to insert and remove Smile
2 pirated games were also included,but they obviously dont count. one was MK3,and it had a "cracked by (group name) screen when booting up,which is the first time i ever saw such a screen on an old console game lol. the second had many games on it,but the ones that made it didnt even include a select game menu. instead,it starts up on a game and you reset the console to get a different game and so on. talk about lazy XD

-a Philips Videopac G7000,AKA the European Magnavox Odyssey 2! i missed one of these a few years ago and been regretting it ever since. Now i finally fixed that mistake Smile
the system looks like it was buried in a desert somewhere lol. It had a game too ("Videopac 32: a Labyrinth Game/Super Mind"). the only issue is,this system is so old it doesnt even have an on/off switch lol,let alone a light to know when it is on. i connected it and got nothing,but i have no clue what of the many reasons could be the reason. if anyone knows about these i would appreciate an advice >_>.

-2 Sealed Playstation Move Navigation Controllers. Mistook them for the real move controllers at first. dont have a move,but i guess they will be useful when i got one Smile

-3 DS games,cartridge Only: Happy Feet, Mario and Sonic in The Olympic Games (which needed a bit of cleaning before it worked), and Brain Training(which on testing turned out to be only in french lol)

-a knockoff atari Joystick.

-and the weirdest one: a CIB Hyundai (yes,Hyundai) HY-D653 arcade stick for PCs. i never even heard of Hyundai producing any gaming stuff,and after tons of search the only place that even references it is this site,and it doesnt even have pictures:
https://product.pconline.com.cn/gameside/hyundai/185767.html
so i am pretty confused lol. after testing it,the buttons work (although a few feel like they need cleaning),the balls work perfectly,but the Joystick isnt centered properly at all. If anyone can inform me what i can do to center it that would be very helpful,as it is a pretty cool arcade stick and i would like to be able to use it.
another curio is that the buttons also have the PS controller symbols,even though there is no mention on the box of it being PS compatible and it only has a USB plug.

Pic:
https://imgur.com/PwI1VY3

any thoughts/comments/help/etc are very welcome Smile.
Awesome man! I'm sure you'll pass!
and that's quite a nice haul you've got!
Best of Luck on the future Dude! Big Grin
[Image: d56ilge-1b85a793-6deb-438d-84d8-ab6ba9a7433e.png]
My Submissions Here!
Now Playing
Samurai Warriors 4-II
Super Robot Wars A Portable
Castlevania - Curse of Darkness
Contract JACK
Kuon
i already know your pharmacist talent
for me you are full operational  Wink

so much different things you find, great catch!
lol, as you say about Videopac conditions, seems a Lara Croft relic Smile
i like a lot the arcade stick design
[Image: cfa05c5c3b4dbaadfb5b25993f2823d7.jpg]
awesome score mate
CONGRATS, BRO!

thanks guys! Big Grin

also,an UPDATE: Connected the Stick via its USB plug to my PS3 as a test and it WORKED! didnt expect that lol. however,the Joystick doesnt work. only the left direction responds. so like i expected it needs re-centering/cleaning :/
also,the joystick is the type that produces clicky sounds,which is nice Smile
That's pretty God damn amazing FFTHEWINNER Yes
I've done questionable things.
Congrats, if you think you did well then you probably did. Nice pick-ups too Smile
Wre gonna have to start calling you The Pusher! I'm naming you after an old Steppenwolf song I heard on caseette when I was a kid in the eighties.lol! That joystick outfit looks a little more complicated than an NES advantage setup. I myself am looking for some old controllers for consoles and a way to connect them via usb and some guy in Brazil who is called Bruno might have the answer. I think a company called Mayflash has usb adapters for connecting classic console controllers. I'm hoping to do classic gaming reviews in the future.
(03-11-2019, 09:42 AM)gamegeek Wrote: Wre gonna have to start calling you The Pusher! I'm naming you after an old Steppenwolf song I heard on caseette when I was a kid in the eighties.lol! That joystick outfit looks a little more complicated than an NES advantage setup. I myself am looking for some old controllers for consoles and a way to connect them via usb and some guy in Brazil who is called Bruno might have the answer. I think a company called Mayflash has usb adapters for connecting classic console controllers. I'm hoping to do classic gaming reviews in the future.

Not sure i want to be called the name of the guy who sells drugs to people lol. i am a pharmacist,but i dont sell THOSE kinds of drugs XD
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 7
Views: 300
06-12-2019, 08:29 AM
Last PostKadiusDar
Replies: 20
Views: 1,572
02-08-2019, 02:47 AM