8 Track Player

wshirk

So i happened upon this 8 track player for 15 dollars, which also happens to have a fm/am built in as well as phono, and as far as i can tell it works, turns on, and the switcher for the 8 track works, have not tested 8 tracks yet as i have not acquired any yet. Now the tuner does work, but i noticed, that it does not like to tune, like it will, but up to a certain point, and if i tuner backwards, and then go fowards, then it will eventually go higher than the last time, so i was just wanting to get all the electro's peoples opinion, as to what they think it could be. I have managed to get it all the way to the bottom, but as stated previously above, say it goes to 1000, and then gets stuck, and then you have to go backwards a bit, go fowards, and sometimes you have to do that quite a few times for it to go farther, also keep in mind, that every once in a while, a slight click can be heard. Really wanted to get everyone's opinion, and then see about fixing it. and if it cannot be fixed it's no big deal. The reason i picked this up, is so that i could plug av cords from the line out of the machine to the aux in of my stereo, and hook up my old school sony, record player, to the 8 track machine for output through the aux input!

wshirk said:
So i happened upon this 8 track player for 15 dollars, which also happens to have a fm/am built in as well as phono, and as far as i can tell it works, turns on, and the switcher for the 8 track works, have not tested 8 tracks yet as i have not acquired any yet. Now the tuner does work, but i noticed, that it does not like to tune, like it will, but up to a certain point, and if i tuner backwards, and then go fowards, then it will eventually go higher than the last time, so i was just wanting to get all the electro's peoples opinion, as to what they think it could be. I have managed to get it all the way to the bottom, but as stated previously above, say it goes to 1000, and then gets stuck, and then you have to go backwards a bit, go fowards, and sometimes you have to do that quite a few times for it to go farther, also keep in mind, that every once in a while, a slight click can be heard. Really wanted to get everyone's opinion, and then see about fixing it. and if it cannot be fixed it's no big deal. The reason i picked this up, is so that i could plug av cords from the line out of the machine to the aux in of my stereo, and hook up my old school sony, record player, to the 8 track machine for output through the aux input!

Back