Another "My ISP sucks!" Post

Am I getting it from behind with no lube?

• Yeah, maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And here I am complaining about plans at 25/30 euro/month for a 20 or 100 megabit connection (and keeping my old 7 megabit at 20euro/month) because they are too expensive!
Holy shit man, your rear is a blazing fire!

Felneth said:
And here I am complaining about plans at 25/30 euro/month for a 20 or 100 megabit connection (and keeping my old 7 megabit at 20euro/month) because they are too expensive!
Holy shit man, your rear is a blazing fire!

i pay 45 a month for 5 megs and 7 bucks for router rental
i live in the stix so no-one else provides except the provider i have and 5 mbs is our limit around here nothing higher till late 2019

I'm using metered mobile internet with only 10 Gb per month. The speed varies between 3 and 1 Mbps and sometimes it's even lower.
I have a part-time job and the wage is very low, so i'm not in the possibility to have a better connection at the moment.

Guess I forgot to mention I'm paying this on a weekly pay rate of just $185. Factor in cost of living (no rent, live with my father, thankfully), and the fact that I am about to have a car payment as well, it's gonna be a really shitty time. Spend about 40 to 70 (fluctuates from week to week) a week on food for me, my father, and my sister, about 40 to get to work and eat lunch while there, Cost of living is slowly starting to rise again, here in Arkansas... ughhh....

Our cable bill used to be $140 a month.

100mbs speed
1TB cap
1 phone line
basic TV
Modem
WiFi
Networking

All that crap was bundled up and every year we get some random $200+ bill because they claim our "contract expired" and it's pay the bill or have no service, then reset the 1-2 year timer lol.

So we dropped everything to buy a modem, router and buy a set of TV boxes 1 for each room.

Now I pay $80 a month for 100mbs and get all my TV and movies free using one way file lockers that replace them faster then they can be removed lol.
Ill drop my bill another $10 when I finally pop for a new modem and router.

Best advice I can give anyone about ISPs is "buy your own hardware and get a router that can utilize a VPN at a network level" and you're free of ISPs drama and the whole households protected under one VPN.

so I use to hate my internet as well (charter) till I got the new modem and things got even worse. So I kept diving into what was going wrong with my setup. Eventually I found that my MTU size was wrong inside my router (not the modem). After some tests I changed it to the optimal size for my internet and I have been doing fine.

However this does not mean my ISP gets a pass. I still wish for Google Fiber to come to my state so I can get a real ISP and not some 3rd rate ISP that give our state equipment that was handed down 2 times to end up here in my area.

I don't even wanna think about where I get my internet from!!
They are thieves and at the moment if I wanna be online I don't have a lot of choice living where I live.
Right now I can't see anyone around except for white cold and a frozen lake in front of me

Back