ATARI JAGUAR - would anyone recommend one?

wullie13

Site Supporter
ive been looking at getting an Atari Jaguar console, first i want to try emulation in case i dont like the games etc, do any of you have or had one? and would you recommend it?

Best advice on Jag... Don't buy one.
Waste of time, it ain't that good to start with due to lack of game base, yet another great Atari , Release, and then destroy it project...

The ONLY Game worth playing is Jeff Minter's TEMPEST 2000, which in all fairness is on PS1 as Tempest X3
One of my old mates owns quite a lot of Jag stuff, it sits in a box...

Emulation wise, not a lot really, I seen a rough as hell emulator a couple of years ago that tried to play Tempest and failed miserably... Never bothered since

The only time you should buy a Jaguar is if you see someone selling it for the price of its scrap value. Currently, the system is stupidly over-priced, and as already mentioned, the only legitimately good game for it is Tempest. I played the system quite a bit when it was new, and everything but Tempest was disappointing. Only years later did I learn why that was the case. Spoilers: Atari's terminal case of mismanagement going into stage 4.

I own one. It is fun for tempest and Alien Vs Predator. I got it in the early 2000's for 35 bucks and it came with the cd drive and a lot of games. Check my collection link in the signature.
I don't regret owning the system but I would never even dare to pay today's prices for one.

Back