Dreamcast Games

Matty

Thinking bout getting into the SEGA Dreamcast and really am not sure what games are good on this system.

Genres I like
Racing
JRPG
Adventure
Bullet Hells / Shmups

Willing to give any game a try though, if you know of some please let me know!

I'm looking for a Dreamcast too and maybe some of my wants may help you!
Excluding the fine games already mentioned:

Crazi Taxi (non really a racing game, but you actually race against time)
Draconus
Evolution
E.G.G
Gunbird 2
Lodoss War
Skies of Arcadia
Shenmue II
Star Wars Racer

There's Phantasy Star too, but I don't remember if you can play it offline.

Airforce Delta
Grandia II
guilty gear X
Gundam side story 0079
Psychic Force 2012
Samba De Amigo
Virtual On

Matty said:
Thinking bout getting into the SEGA Dreamcast and really am not sure what games are good on this system.

Genres I like
Racing
JRPG
Adventure
Bullet Hells / Shmups

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 1 and 2. 2 is one of the best racing games ever made imho. There are a ton of good shmups out there, still being released to this day. Shenmue 1 and 2 is always good. Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia, E.V.O. Seven Mansions was a good horror game, Resident Evil series, CV is amazing. I could go on, but I'll stop there.

headhunter
tony hawk is must imo
4x4 evo
army men sarges heros
of couse crazy taxi
d2
dave mirra bmx wayyy better on DC than psx
hydro thunder
iron aces
panzer front
revolt
shenmu
soldier of fortune
south park rally
starwars episode i racer
test drive vrally
tom clancy rainbow 6
tomb raider series

this is my fav list

Here are some more that I used to play as a kid: Chicken Run, Dino Crisis, Fur Fighters, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, MDK 2, Rayman 2, Speed Devils, Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage, Test Drive 6, Test Drive Le Mans, V-Rally 2

Thank you guys so much for all the suggestions, going to look at each of these and hopefully find some that I'd love to get and try!

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Carrier
Evolution: The World of Sacred Device
Maken X
Rez
Sword of the Berserk - Gut's Rage

D4rK said:
Did they make a bad game for the D.C.? Get em all. Lol

Spirit of Speed comes to mind, but that was mostly boring and not a truly unplayable, bad game.
And Coaster Works is kinda bad as well, but again not because it is a broken mess, but because it is a disapointingly short game, you have seen and done everything in less than 1 hour and it has no replay value what so ever, not even for a coaster enthusiast like myself.

Re-Volt has a solid port. It even has exclusive RC cars and tracks included.
Vanishing Point is pretty underrated. It's got nice graphics and physics, including a nice selection of vehicles to choose from.

Matty said:

Genres I like
Racing
JRPG
Adventure
Bullet Hells / Shmups

Since other users posted great dc games, I can't recommend much but for fighters try either Street Fighter III, Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3, or Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2

Has anyone ever managed to track down a copy of Puyo Pop Fever for the Dreamcast? It was the last commercially released game in 2004.

And when I say "track down" I mean got hold of a CDI or GDI? I'm not buying the damn thing ;-)

Back