Favorite FPS games

s.t.a.l.k.er call of prypiat (pc)
007 night fire (pc)
007 goldeneye (wii)
vietcong 1 (pc)
killzone ps2

Half life 2, it's the business, there's some boring vehicle part's in it, but overall it's some experience, the perfect FPS out of the many i've played.

Nice selection guys!

Let me add Hexen, Powerslave and F.E.A.R. to the list! F.E.A.R. in particular was really iconic for its era.

EDIT: oh, I was forgetting one of my favorites back in the day: Tribes Vengeance.

Best FPS ever is wolfenstein 3d and unreal tournament. Hands down. A good remaster of wolfenstein 3d is long over due. With a MIDI soundtrack. A soundtrack that I would be honored to contribute to.

cat said:
Half life 2, it's the business, there's some boring vehicle part's in it, but overall it's some experience, the perfect FPS out of the many i've played.
It is, unrivalled single player experience...

i want add the original Ghost Recon (plus his expansions Desert Siege/Island Thunder)
and Rainbow Six Vegas 2

I think of these:

Wolfenstein The New Order
Bulletstorm
Rage
Singularity
Metro Last Light
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Unreal II The Awakening

All timefav? Probably CSS/CS:GO and/or Vanilla Siege, just for how good they feel and play as a shotoer.

Half life 1/2 would go along these lines.

Story wise? Probably the Metro series or Battlefront 2, but it also had third person as well.

Left for dead 1 and 2 are good fun as well in single player, but don't quite match up to the half life games.
I'm still left wondering what valve's problem is with 3's lol, i'd love a third installment of half life or left for dead.
Bioshock games are worth a play as well and the system shock games, can't really go wrong with these.

cat said:
Left for dead 1 and 2 are good fun as well in single player, but don't quite match up to the half life games.
I'm still left wondering what valve's problem is with 3's lol, i'd love a third installment of half life or left for dead.

I enjoyed some doomsday engine with,
doom 2
heretic
and the new models and graphics and the abbspack guns

it needs a lot of setting changing, not very noob friendly though.

SOUTH PARK

1c312ae9e53f29ed10f081d33c9e61a1_1024x1024.jpg

Halo, Timesplitters, n64 007, the old school ones like Doom, Wolfenstien 3d, quake, hexen. I have not got into new stuff like destiny or any mmo's.

I really like all of these:
TimeSplitters Series
Codename Tenka (Lifeforce Tenka)
DOOM
Wolfenstein 3D
Powerslave (Exhumed)
Half-Life
Quake Series
Soldier of Fortune: Gold Edition
BLACK
BioShock Series
Duke Nukem 3D and every game after (even DNF)
Unreal Series
Medal Of Honor Series (PS1 and PS2 only games)
Disruptor
Descent series
Forsaken
Alien Trilogy
007: The World is not Enough

Im a sucker for obscure PS1 and PS2 Ports or original FPS Games, but I also like those Original PC Versions as well, and thats just some of the FPS Games I like on Console and PC.

Unreal Tournament, the original one on a Win98 pc. Redeemer FTW!

Halo, Half-Life, and for the last 4 years it's been Destiny. The eternal grind for more guns keeps me occupied!

Descent series
Doom series
F.E.A.R. series
Heretic/Hexen series (though some are third-person)
Metro series
Quake series
Rage
Rainbow Six series
SWAT 3/4
System Shock series
TimeSplitters series
Unreal/Unreal Tournament series
Wolfenstein series

Back