first ps3!

Apogee444 said:
I would recommend far cry 3
its on there hehe but yes its really good playing it now

@D4rk ill have to aree to disagree lol i love gta v just story mode ,online is F***ed lol

Why can't you mod it? Is it because of the 4.83 firmware the one they released a couple of weeks ago?

Can you mod it with the 4.82 firmware?

Sorry for all the questions. I've seriously been thinking about getting my first PS3 after becoming disillusioned by the emulator RPSC3 which really isn't that good.

Parka1300 said:
Why can't you mod it? Is it because of the 4.83 firmware the one they released a couple of weeks ago?

Sorry for all the questions. I've seriously been thinking about getting my first PS3 after becoming disillusioned by the emulator RPSC3 which really isn't that good.

yep the 4.83 update patched the exploit in the previous fw's they are working on finding one currently for 4.83

but its not looking promising it my take awhile
but i do believe 4.82 was able to be modded

the last of us and the uncharted series are must haves for the PS3 also keep in mind socom 4 supports the PS3 move controller for fps light gun shooting

I'd recommend almost everything that was a system exclusive; Last of Us, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, etc... the system exclusives were what pushed me to getting mine. With the multi-platform stuff, as a rule of thumb, they generally perform better on the X360 (although not always).
The PS3 is also region free, so there are a few titles from various regions that may not have been released where you are - and although you won't find them for the supercheap prices that the triple-A multi-plats you've been buying sell for they're still available for reasonable amounts (except for a few awesome titles like Ketsui).

Parka1300 said:

Yeah, 4.83 is non exploitable at present... but not just that, the superslim models (and some of the later regular slims) are incapable of supporting custom firmware at all. The Han exploit gave users with those systems a means of playing 'backups' without cfw, but that was patched out of ofw 4.83.

Duwen said:
I'd recommend almost everything that was a system exclusive; Last of Us, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, etc... the system exclusives were what pushed me to getting mine. With the multi-platform stuff, as a rule of thumb, they generally perform better on the X360 (although not always).
The PS3 is also region free, so there are a few titles from various regions that may not have been released where you are - and although you won't find them for the supercheap prices that the triple-A multi-plats you've been buying sell for they're still available for reasonable amounts (except for a few awesome titles like Ketsui).

Parka1300 said:

Yeah, 4.83 is non exploitable at present... but not just that, the superslim models (and some of the later regular slims) are incapable of supporting custom firmware at all. The Han exploit gave users with those systems a means of playing 'backups' without cfw, but that was patched out of ofw 4.83.

oh heavy rain is def a game you should get put hundreds of hours on that game also try skyrim thats a very good open world game.

Thanks Duwen and Blakd3th for the firmware info.

I've never touched a PS3 in my life so that's how noob I am. Did the PS3 force the firmware updates or were they optional? I've seen a couple of fat PS3's in my local secondhand store (www.cex.co.uk) so I may take a chance in the hope they have old firmware on them.

To add to the games list: Has anyone played Scott Pilgrim vs The World? I've played it on RPSC3 and I like it a lot but can only play at 50fps with stutters :-(

Parka1300 said:
Thanks Duwen and Blakd3th for the firmware info.

I've never touched a PS3 in my life so that's how noob I am. Did the PS3 force the firmware updates or were they optional? I've seen a couple of fat PS3's in my local secondhand store (www.cex.co.uk) so I may take a chance in the hope they have old firmware on them.

To add to the games list: Has anyone played Scott Pilgrim vs The World? I've played it on RPSC3 and I like it a lot but can only play at 50fps with stutters :-(

The firmware updates could either be turned off or set to auto update... so, it's a bit hit and miss on buying a second hand unit - especially from CEX as I believe they're general policy is to update any consoles they get in (same goes for Game - store staff told me as much a few years back when I was looking for an exploitable 3DS).

As for Scott Pilgrim vs The World; I've only played it on my X360 (legit download) and it plays fine. It was pulled from digital distribution after licenses expired, so the only way you can play it now (on actual console hardware) is to buy a second hand unit which includes a profile that purchased it or via cfw.

Resident Evil operation raccon city is pretty fun online I paid only 1.99 for the game... there are still a lot of ppl playing it

of course there is oblivion and skyrim and some others

I'm trying to get my cousin to give me his PS3 so I don't have to pay stupid microsoft to play online :mad:
seriously hate that.

Armored core 4
Armored core V
Armored core: For Answer
Cross Edge
Dante's Inferno
Darksiders
Dragon's Crown
God of War III
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Anything Ratchet and Clank