Help a newbie

TSOP isn't my thing. But from what I have gathered that if you use it you don't have to go through the dashboard reinstall while putting in a new hdd. Not knowing how to use a TSOP I would just do a new clean install with Rocky`s + Splintercell. Its pretty easy anyways. So good luck and hope to see you about.

Welcome!
enhanced-3981-1408636792-6.jpg
23 foods you need to deep fry

Gamerone said:

Lmao thank you so much for this!

Acr250rider said:

TSOP isn't my thing. But from what I have gathered that if you use it you don't have to go through the dashboard reinstall while putting in a new hdd. Not knowing how to use a TSOP I would just do a new clean install with Rocky`s + Splintercell. Its pretty easy anyways. So good luck and hope to see you about.

Ill give it a shot my dude, Ive got another HDD coming in the mail with a bit more space so it cant hurt... my hard drive at least

So ah bad news, I think ive potentially broken my softmod, I can go into more detail, but currently my dash will not load, although, I can boot from disc, before I do any other stupid stuff like this, is there anything that needs to be backed up before I go any further?

I feel at this stage I need to do a full clean / re softmod, does anyone know the most thorough way to do this at all?

Hi there.. WELCOME and have Fun

can't Help you with your Console problems.. I am more of a PC user

Yeah as stated above i've had issues with mixed mod types on a couple of spares XBox's i've picked up (or at least i think that was the problem with them lol). I tend ot stick with just Rockys Soft mod now and also his excellent newer chimp version for the HDD upgrade.

Welcome to the Site, its a little quiet at the moment but i'm sure things will pick up in time so stick with us :)

Welcome to the site Deep fri :) Good to have you here, I hope you've been able to solve your Xbox Softmodding issue, best luck :icon_thumbup:

Try to find a copy of rockys softmod update disc (if you dont already have one, then use the option on it to remove softmod ??? Only thing i can think that will help since your xbox is still booting discs.

Make sure you have a backup of your eeprom (very important). Your best person for this is rocky (i think hes a member as he was with us on the site we all came here from), hes a genius with this stuff.

Back