Is it Nintendo Switch a faulty console ?

Kremiso

Site Supporter
was searching on eshop sites about used models,
and i see that there are a lot of faulty ones too on sale

was reading about capacitor leaks too, curious for a not too old hw
what's the deal ?

i'm sure it will not be objective, but here's what i think. Since shitendo quitted the cartidge support for its main consoles begining with the gamecube, their price range went like two times inferior compared to the other manufacturers (sony, sega and microsoft). when originaly, shitendo consoles were not only pricey but also those fuckin cart games. heads of shitendo must have decided that using cheaper materials and CDs would drasticaly reduce production costs and thus pricetags on shelves.

i'm not into electronics, but gutting a switch and checking every pieces to see who makes them, where they come from and so on would givre a good chunk of intel bout those faulty tablets they dare to call a console....

EDIT : a few years ago i bought an Archos gamepad. a tablet meant for retrogaming with a design reminiscent of the switch excepted you don't have those separable half controlers on the sides. i've never been able to boot it. my wife opened it and in fact the capacitor was unable to let any power go into the circuit. would shitendo use the same kind of capacitor ? also the Archos was pretty cheap, like around $100. later i seen that a lot of Archos were not running because of the same faulty capacitor. it may just be a coincidence, but i'd not be surprised if there was a correlation between the archos and switch capacitors. or this could just be the classic nasty trick of planned obsolescence that shitendo is pulling on its customers.....

archod-gamepad-2.jpg

Last edited:
interesting
i don't know if some new models have been released from Nintendo itself

but seeing all these faulty ones popping up on sale is not a good sign
it can means also not easy to be repaired in first

cheap components in a little space maneuver is not a good combo

Hi Kremiso ;). The most common fault is the joycons being defective. If you want to get one make sure it is the version that can be softmodded, since it seems like Team Xecuter is destroyed so the hard mod will be in short supply.

also, Nice site redesign :).

In my opinion the Switch shouldn´t exist. What they should´ve done was give more power to the "new 3ds" than what they did . Bump the resolution of the screen and make it plugable to TV. That way they could have a gigantic library of games because of backwards compatibility and still be a reasonable upgrade.

Back