is this worth the price?

dreamcast459

Site Supporter
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]anyone here own and still game on a PSP 1001? i can get one from a local family owned game store for 60$, comes with a charger and has been refurbed. i trust the place as i had my PS3 repaired and cleaned there.[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]any console they take in as trade is taken apart inspected cleaned repaired if needed[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]if you still own and game on a 1001 fatty what do you thin of it is it easy to mod i know the 2000 series is better but they go for higher prices where i live[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]just wanting to know what people think of the 10001 series[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]so im wanting to know is it worth the price and compaired to the 2000 series is it any good for retail games i plan to mod it with CFW and use a mem card to load games[/font]

edit if possible please link me to a reputable sd to mem stick pro duo adapter

I could be completely wrong on this, but AFAIK the only real issues that come from the hardware limitations of the 1001's were in emulation, psx2psp and most homebrew and regular psp games run just fine. Again I could be wrong on this though.

I still have a couple of model 1001 PSP handhelds. I think they are great and I prefer the weight and build quality of them to my 2002 Slim & Light model. They don't have the TV out port and the 1001 has only 32 MB of ram compared to the 64 MB on later models. The emulation is not bad on 1001 but some games will be hampered by the RAM limitation. I have never had any problems running my PSX EBOOT games or PSP games off of the mem stick.

The PSP is easy to mod. It's been ages since I have done one and I think my last firmware was 6.60. I can't check at the moment coz all my stuff is packed to move house.

I have always used the 32 GB mem stick PRO DUO. I know there are SD card adapters out there but some are hit and miss as there are a lot of copies out there.

If it is $60 US (@$83 Australian for me) then I think that is not too bad a deal for what you get. If it has been taken apart & 'refurbed' I would test it to make sure the joystick/buttons & UMD drive work or at least ask if there is any kind of warranty or return policy if something ends up being wrong with it.

And noone mentioned horrible screen on psp 1001, I know this is old topic, but just wanted to add this.
1000 series has very very bad ghosting problems with screen, 2000 series improves on this significantly.
3000 series has interlace problems with screen, but I never saw this in person.
Also there are PSP Street series, I would avoid them, it's the superbudget (cheap) neutered version.

I've had few of the 1000, and now I have 2000.
I like the build quality of 1000, but screen on 2000 is much much better, plus the already mentioned double RAM.

Back