Looking for some help...

ZX81v2

Staff member
https://www.gofundme.com/zx81v2039s-hardware-fund

Basically it is what it is.

Some of you know I have ran into some bad luck just lately and had my HDD Dock blow and take out 2 usb ports on my laptop. I am disabled and living on benefits in UK, supporting 3 others to boot, so getting hold of another computer that ain't a toaster is near to impossible as every time I start saving something else happens which takes the savings. So at the moment I have half a computer and on working USB2 port...

Look this ain't a begging post, it's a "If you can help me" post, I ain't dying, in need of medical care or dying of a tumour/cancer (BF).... I just need a little funding for a cheap computer to carry on my work,

The goal amount is laughable, but If I can only get a quarter of this, I'd be over the moon...
I ain't expecting a miracle, but even a few quid can help in some cases

Thanks for reading

ZX81v2

piratetar

Site Supporter
Sorry, what is a few quid mean for us Americans (dollars)?
Then, how would you get it? I know some ravens, but don't know how far they can fly,hic!
I've been disabled for 11 years, and cannot work yet.
So I know what that's like.
Thanks

ZX81v2

Staff member
Hi PT, yeah "Quid" is slang in UK for £1/$1 upwards etc...
Either the link above or PayPal donation works for me. I have never used GFM before, just seen a lot of people use it.

Being disabled is like being a leper, no one will help you without 60 pages of documents and proof you are disabled... It really sux in UK

Respect to you my friend, and this really ain't a scam or such, I really am in financial trouble that means PC is gonna be out of window soon as it's failing at moment due to the bloody USB ports frying. I think it/I did some extra damage replacing the micro fuse that blew on the laptop mobo...
Ain't as steady as I used to be...

ZX81v2

Last edited by a moderator:

Duwen

Site Supporter
A quarter of that goal, while reasonable, would still be 5 times what my current pc cost me. My pc, at it's core (mobo, cpu and grfx card), is almost 10 years out of date but is still capable of performing most tasks - save for running most triple A games from the past 5-10 years. Heck, it even out performs the Mac Pro I use at work that spec-wise (on paper at least) is almost 10 times more powerful!
A "decent" pc can be had/made for far cheaper than some people assume.

I hope you manage to source what you need, but I'm not in a financial situation where I can help - however, if you need any parts I might be able to hook you up (although most of my spare stuff is older than my current rig).

piratetar

Site Supporter
ZX, I will be sending you something, and thanks for all your help over the years. I live too far away to send you one of my backups (shucks), I bought a spare laptop, that would be great for you,but I live in Oregon (USA), hope you can raise enough to make to another one.The Pirate

I hope this gets the ball rolling for you ZX81-v2

One day on the iso zone you shared how to remove google and replace with something else, it speeded up my computer by not allowing google analytical to operate, I hate google. It was a v p n setup that worked for free, what was that, since I can not open my iso zone files to read it? Again,thanks!

Kremiso

Site Supporter
ZX81v2 said:
...Being disabled is like being a leper, no one will help you without 60 pages of documents and proof you are disabled... It really sux in UK

LOL, not only uk
my father is disabled from 15 years now, and, i know what you mean friend, we have a wardrobe full of sheets (read shit) of paper

hope you reach in the funds search, respect ++

PinKy

Editor
Staff member
Heywoo ZX :)

I've known Z for a few years now, This is legit

I'm going to scrape every couch cushion, turn over every chair, sell my virginity, extort the neighbors cats...

He's a hardcore guy with a real need.
I get this, working on aging machines is total madness when trying to archive and preserve

Ima donate:)

If anyone is out there, for just a few duckets, ZX81v2 can live forever!!

I'm inspired actually!

After Im going to donate some sperm as well, right after I find a suitable donor....I'll be sure to let you know how this one goes ZX :D

Last edited:

ZX81v2

Staff member
Update, I am close to 200£ now so thanks to the donator's, this will help me out so much you don't realize :) (GFM/PP)
Even if I only raise another 50 it'll get me a semi better PC that this craptop, I'd be happy with quad core 3GHz and 8gig memory :)

So to the donators - If you EVER need anything, PC help or software, let me know

piratetar

Site Supporter
Update, I am close to 200£ now so thanks to the donator's, this will help me out so much you don't realize :) (GFM/PP)
Even if I only raise another 50 it'll get me a semi better PC that this craptop, I'd be happy with quad core 3GHz and 8gig memory :)

So to the donators - If you EVER need anything, PC help or software, let me know
Need a 3-1/2 floppy of commodore game pirates