Movies structured like vgames ?

Kremiso

Site Supporter
^^ you got the point lol
probably not so many, yet there are surely some with vgames-like features inside

Hardcore Henry ie, its another decent one
completely in first person, watching this let me remember Breakdown (Namco) for the ogXbox :)

[video=youtube]
 

Kremiso

Site Supporter
^^ @Nux they fit perfectly here :)
in Tron legacy i like also the old arcades room sequence ++
i must also agree with your judge about Ready Player One, the movie is imo decent, but nothing more, for some points of view, a missed opportunity
 

Nux

Banned
Ok this will sound dumb but I just remember the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie, I think that one could fit well here, the walkthrough is kinda similar to the real game but not enough, as tomb raider and resident evil does, I'm probably wrong idk :p does Tekken and need for speed movies belong here as well? :lol:
 

Kremiso

Site Supporter
Nux said:
Ok this will sound dumb but I just remember the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie, I think that one could fit well here, the walkthrough is kinda similar to the real game but not enough, as tomb raider and resident evil does, I'm probably wrong idk :p does Tekken and need for speed movies belong here as well? :lol:

no, not these ones :)
about movies made from vgames there is already a good thread from @Krillin

probably also Edge of Tomorrow can be add to my list,
due his particular flowing, like vgames checkpoints

EDIT the Wizard LOL !
here in Italy has a longer title, 'the little big wizard of videogames' (translated) :(
good one ++
 

Kremiso

Site Supporter
Zerohour2k12 said:
Does Ready Player One count? And they also did the with the new Jumanji with Dwayne Johnson.....

of course, they count both :)
lol, i meant only to avoid the movies made from the same vgame, like Mario, Hitman, Res Evil etc
 

Duwen

Site Supporter
I'm not at all into Jason Statham films, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Crank movies (particularly the first one) because of how much they felt like over the top video games... if Suda51 made films, they'd probably be something like Crank.
 

Kremiso

Site Supporter
Duwen said:
I'm not at all into Jason Statham films, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Crank movies (particularly the first one) because of how much they felt like over the top video games... if Suda51 made films, they'd probably be something like Crank.

oh yes, and Death Race too could be added to the list :)
 

Kremiso

Site Supporter
many Bruce Lee movies could be considered fathers of beat em up genre
Game of Death ie, with his 'several bosses on different floors' fight sequence (Kareem Abdul Jabbar lol) has surely inspired jappo programmers at age :)
 

Krillin

New member
Kremiso said:
many Bruce Lee movies could be considered fathers of beat em up genre
Game of Death ie, with his 'several bosses on different floors' fight sequence (Kareem Abdul Jabbar lol) has surely inspired jappo programmers at age :)
 

Nux

Banned
I was thinking, I know this will sound silly and all, but does Wreck-It Ralph count as a movie structured like vgame? I love all about that movie and is fun too, although I'm not sure if its based on a real life video game lol is it? if is not then.. damn! would be a neat idea for a game hehe :p
 
Top