My ISP Is Getting Worse

It's fine, all it was, was a letter saying they were changing from their current pay for unlimited usage of x speed internet, to a data capped usage. Basicly, if I want unlimited data for internet, i'll have to pay 120 a month, currently paying 65 for 50 meg that runs like 15 meg.

I kinda fell asleep, too. why the reply took so long.

Gotta love it.

We're rolling back internet protections! NOTHING will change! ISPs will not slow down your connections or cap your data!

Then what the fuck is happening? My migraine hasn't went away yet. Its been several hours.

Not quite what I was talking about. My 50 meg plan will get a 500 gigabyte data usage limit per month. If I go over, its an extra 10 bucks per 50 gigs I go over added on to the following bill. I've basically got a fucking cellular plan for internet! It's highway robbery!

They have 5 plans: 15 Mbps, 30, 50, 100, and 100 with Unlimited data.
Data Caps: 500 GB, 750, 1 TB, 1.25 TB, Unlimited
Prices per month as follows: 45, 55, 65, 85, 115

Does this seem like an ethical practice to you? I feel like I'm getting bent over without lube!

Add on to the fact that their cable tv packages are shit, so we have streaming services for that. There's 3 roku's in different rooms, my computer, my sis uses my PS3 for netflix, my PS4, my dad's phone, my sis's phone, my dad's girlfriend's phone, her son's phone, her daughter's phone, plus my phone....

I'd say if I don't get the unlimited plan, I'm royally fucked!

When I called to bitch and moan about it, the rep on the phone pulled up my data usage over the last 3 months and said "You normally only use all but 10 gigs of your data, you don't have to upgrade to the unlimited plan."

Those months are before my dad's girlfriend and her kids move it, they are supposed to be here by the end of the month. And they said I normally us all BUT 10 gigs of my data. I'm sure two teenagers can eat through that like it wasn't shit. But that also means that with the current use, I do sometimes without the others, go over the limits, meaning I'd incur the penalty fees, and fuck that noise. If I have to redownload the shit on my PS4 alone, for any reason, I'm screwed. That's 2 TBs of data (not even all of my digital games, and only 3 disc based installed). I keep my games on my drive so I can play during any period if the internet is out.

Welcome to the world of 5G and we ccan't get speeds better than dial up.... wtf....
I thought cable speeds in UK were quite fast, but compared to USA cities, we are crawling...

Municipal internet is truly the future. This is why At&T is not backing net neutrality because they see that if they don't they will loose their monopoly in cities.

Look at Chattanooga TN. They have the best service in the country and the lowest price to boot. 100 meg up and down for 35 dollars a month.

Back