need help replacing my dreamcast battery

After posting my above response I realised that I actually needed to replace the battery in my own ntsc-J v0 DC, so I thought I'd follow my own posted advice and see how I got on...

I ordered the ML2032 battery and holder from the ebay seller I linked in my post (took less than a week to arrive from China, with free postage), cracked out my crusty old soldering iron, desoldered the original 20yr old battery, and fitted the new one. The most time consuming part was desoldering the old one, as it was a bit fiddly to make sure all the viers were completely free of solder to allow for the new holder to mount in place.
Dismantling the DC is easy, and unlike some of the other maintenance I've done in the past you don't need to remove multiple modules - just open up the shell, disconnect the fan and ribbon from the controller board, unscrew the controller mounts, and slide the controller board out.
Definitely a beginner friendly mod.

Make sure when putting the DC back together that when putting the top shell back on the lid is in the open position to protect the lid switch at the rear. Its the same as with the Gamecube.

Back