Retro passion

Kremiso

Site Supporter

[font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif]So why am I writing this? I just want to put it out there that I'm only Human, this is a hobby and the love of the gaming scene. If someone wants something changed just ask me nicely and I'll change it as soon as I can.... On that note I'll be taking a break as these last two weeks have pushed me to the brink, because as some people seem to think, I'm a Robot taking commands. ''[/font]

seems the copy-pasted text is only readable using dark style, so let me add directly the link to the page :
http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/11/the-highs-and-lows-of-indie-retro-news.html?m=1

From the Author of said above post from Indie Retro:
dark theme users may have issues with this txt

"I've been thinking a lot about this and whether I should write an article about it or not, but today I decided enough is enough and something has to be said. Yes Indie Retro News has lots of views, yes I've spoken to some really nice people, yes we've got some great reviewers, and yes I've announced a lot of great games but this does all come at a cost to my own health. One person said to me some time ago that "writing is a thankless task". Well yes I kinda agree there, and it mainly comes down to certain people and how they talk down to you. Basically talking to you like an angry strict parent who just found out their kid spelt one word wrong in a 50 page essay that has taken days upon days of no sleep to get done.

You see writing about games isn't as easy as some people think! You have to constantly check what's new, think of a "story" to write about that game and then double check to make sure it's ok before it's posted. Sometimes this can happen while putting food aside or it's 1am in the morning with people barking such words as " Did you get my email? " " Why have you not done it yet ? ". I'm afraid my own personal health goes into the site and I try to make everyone happy, which doesn't always end up as a good result at the end of the day.

So here's why I'm writing this... Basically my health is taking a turn for the worst yet again, my blood pressure is sky high, I constantly get bad headaches feeling faint, I have Autism, Dyslexia and OCD, bouts of depression, my mum is unwell and has suspected (c word) and some people in the retro scene have decided to put it upon themselves to speak to me with demands that must be done right now.

Yes I've made mistakes in my write ups, these thing happen I'm not perfect! Especially when developers don't contact you or tag you and you have to find that information yourself. But it's the way some people talk to you especially as a request. Instead of saying hey Indie Retro News, any chance of changing such and such word or changing link to this link. it's "WHY DID YOU DO THAT, I'M NOT HAPPY, CHANGE IT NOW". There was one situation where I clearly stated it was a thanks for the heads up, but instead yet again, I'm the bad one because these people were not the developers and as one person nicely put it " THE OWNER DOESN'T CARE ". (Yes I did respond to this one in my own way as people have no right to speak down to others).

So why am I writing this? I just want to put it out there that I'm only Human, this is a hobby and the love of the gaming scene. If someone wants something changed just ask me nicely and I'll change it as soon as I can.... On that note I'll be taking a break as these last two weeks have pushed me to the brink, because as some people seem to think, I'm a Robot taking commands."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retro Passion.
Its why we are here, doesn't need to be said.
As Admin , I agree with this individual, and yes alot of time is involved in doing these things, and yes
Definitely can have a direct effect on our health's as well as everyday life impacts. Chair time is involved.

These types of sites are more hobbyist than businesses.
Sure you can sell ad space for beer money, but that is not why we are here.

RZ Admin's are gamers plain and simple.
Each of us is hardcore in our own rights when it comes to the games. same as you

Alot of people I've met out here are plagued with health issues
In many cases it what gives us the time to do these types of things. I'm one of them

So you see me, then you do not.

Retro and gaming sites only thrive when the community's contribute.
Sure I could sit here and write for days for all of you, where will that leave me..its a battle.

I have to choose.

Others like to explore other avenues with software or gaming events, streams ect

Not everyone was born to write. Shyness online also effects online communities, I think you only see responses when a topic comes that many can relate to. Gets them out of their shells so to speak

The scene has changed over the years in many ways.
No longer are we teaching each other to rip and burn different media.

This type of site takes a whole village. not 1 man.
As one of the Admins, I game as hard as rest of you, just my time has to be allocated.
Way it is.

Hey you! This is your site.

We came to provide a platform that can live on for a decade or more, just for the community.
Anyone with contribution ideas are welcome to see us on our Discord anytime

I think many may have misunderstandings of past issues here as well
I will say on my behalf that anything that was done in the past was in best interest of the gaming community
We do this on our own time and out of our own pockets, never about $.

Massamo is the site dev, and he is active and hardcore of a gamer that you could ever find++

No flashing lights or disco balls. Just some sane solid hardcore gaming!

Excellent Post! I hear you

Last edited:
Thanks and, well.....

This Admin is whining in my opinion.

Someone pee'd in his oatmeal that day apparently

Admin's need to be trusted
Emotions can't affect judgments when dealing with communities

nuff said/

PinKy said:
Thanks and, well.....

This Admin is whining in my opinion.

Someone pee'd in his oatmeal that day apparently

Admin's need to be trusted
Emotions can't affect judgments when dealing with communities

nuff said/

^^ got your point Pinky Smile
let me clarify about my previous reply too (during translation sometimes i forgot the subject lol)
was referred to a new post of IndieRetro Admin, unnecessary imo

agree for the site quality itself, where i continuosly grab infos

Kremiso, thats awesome man. I just posted in another thread before reading this...
I think you may be on the same wave as me man lol... thats a GOOD THING man lol

kaduflyer said:
Kremiso, thats awesome man. I just posted in another thread before reading this...
I think you may be on the same wave as me man lol... thats a GOOD THING man lol

owe wow man Kremiso thanks for that info bud. It means alot.

! day I will tell me here

maybe lol

my fav JT is ... what ... Aqualung ... LOL
but all Ian anderson JT is killer psychedelic

I heard curbside dude is gone. I thought he "owned" this as in he was THE MOD to cross...

I talked to him so I know but butt butttt butttt buttttt buttttttt freak me out man anyways LOL

Back