so who here collects physical copies and consoles looking for other collectors .

iamthegamefreak

Hi my name is gamefreak (formerly know as gamefreaktothemax old site )
Just to start out I am very passionate about collecting (maybe to passionate sometimes )
I was just wondering how many collect ? How long you have collected for? Favorite system to collect for ?
I collect for : nes , snes , n64 , gamecube , wii , og xbox, xbox 360 , ps1-4 , psp , saturn and dreamcast ,
As far as games I only collect what i will play price or rarity has no factor in what i put on my shelves .
I collect unique , special edition , limited edition or cib consoles .
I have collected for over 20 years .I mainly look for ps1 and ps2 stuff but my favorite system is ps1 ,Mainly survival horror and rpg's .
I am a huge silent hill and resident evil fan .2 of my absolute favorite series .
I now have 543 physical original games (i do cart only but all disc games are cib ) and 48 consoles .I also collect unique gaming merchandise , magazines and certain comics and toys from my childhood .Recently have been buying Japanese exclusives for , ps1 ,ps2 , og xbox .
I was fortunate enough to find a great job 2 years ago and move my family in to a nice house where i was able to finally pursue my dream of having an actual game room.
The house i live in is set up uniquely that it has 3 bedrooms but off the master bedroom is an office type room about 10 x 10 with a built in shelf rack along one wall .
Would also love to find people to swap game room pics and ideas for decorating the game room with (displays custom shelves ect ect ) .
Just looking for like minded individuals to share the hobby with .
most the people i run in to on facebook or even locally are no where near as involved as I am about collecting .
I would say over the last 10-12 years i have only found 4 or 5 others that are as passionate as i am about the hobby .

I definitely fit into the collector category, although I'm certainly not into collecting for the sake of it or even aiming to complete any full-sets... I just collect the stuff I want to play, or re-purchase items that were part of my collection "back in the day".
Some of my collection is items I've owned since they were current (such as my ZX Spectrum and it's software which I've owned since 1982), some are systems I owned, traded for something new, and subsequently repurchased (like my Megadrive), and others are systems I never owned when they first released and have only got into collecting for within the last 10 years (Master System, Neo Geo CD, Dreamcast).

I'll buy stuff for most systems I own as and when I come across titles that I want, but I've slowed down over the past couple of years, and focussed mainly on Japanese Dreamcast and Megadrive titles. My NTSC-J Dreamcast collecting has been extremely focussed, as I've mainly concentrated on just buying SNK/Playmore and Capcom titles - there's only 2 SNK titles I don't have, and I have all the Capcom titles worth having with the exception of the uber-expensive Street Fighter 2 X.

I just collect PS2 games. However I seem to have a good selection of 360/PS3/PSP originals I have been given over the years...

I own over 500 PS2 originals and 5 PS2 systems (2 with HDD)
Also collect Atari 2600 stuff, my original collection :)

I'll get the original games if I can get them cheap, but it isn't as important to me now as it used to be. I do like having original consoles, however. Emulation for some stuff is still kind of flaky.

in past i was a greed hw/sw collector
around 20 years ago i needed to sell a lot of games (money and space issue)
megadrive, snes, playstation1 and n64 mainly

i remember the last sold, Shenmue Dreamcast

today, i have a good ogxbox and 360 collection and a little neo geo, dreamcast and gamecube one

a lot of different hardware, and all Commodore pirated software existent on earth

Awesome to see so many collectors especially the types styles and what you guys collect .I think the video game industry has a lot to offer to so many different walks of life .I love how each and every collector has a certain way , style , reason , ect.ect . i like the way the industry still caters to all kinds in all kinds of ways . thanks for all the replys

Back