Sonic 2 Bug

tekkaman

Hi everyone,

Sonic 2 was my favorite Sonic game when I was a kid. I could never get all the emeralds with the special stage though. So when I bought a cheat book I was so surprised to see super sonic. I never thought it was a real part of the game if you collected the emeralds. I thought I was hacking the game making it do something not intended. Specially with the crazy music that came with it. But anyways I´ve always had a question about a bug. I don´t know if the bug is caused by the cheat or if it is present if you collect the emeralds the intended way. Here´s what happens. If sonic is transformed while passing the signpost and I jump he will try to transform again and then keeps walking in place in the air softlocking the game. At first I thought it was only my game but emulated version do the same.

I never collected all the the emeralds. I did beat the game many times. Could be the cheat does this. Interesting discovery.

I´ll see if I can take a picture of it. The game works fine if make sure to not jump after passing the signpost. If you don´t have 50 rings the bug doesn´t happen.

Back