Stream PC on TV : Best options

PissedCrow

Yo,

after doing a quick search and getting no results, I came to the conclusion there was no thread about streaming your PC on your TV, so I hope I'm not creating an already existing thread. Forgive me if that's the case, I'm just a humble drunk french crow.

I wanted to have you guys' opinions on what are the best ways to stream a PC on a Smart TV ; I love the moonlight app, but unfortunately I own a Samsung Smart TV ('cause I'm an idiot) and its OS apparently doesn't recognize .apk so I can't install it via USB. 'Been diggin' around the web for some time and it seems everyone else is using LG TVs, Apple TVs, Nvidia Shield TV.... and I'm a fool for using a Samsung one.

Do you think there is an alternative for me to stream using only an app or am I condemned to use a dongle like a chromecast

Note : I don't want to use the Steam Link app (as much as possible I'd like to be free of any platform like Steam)

If you guys got an idea, I'm all ears...
If not, welp, what are my best options ?

Moandain

Site Supporter
Sadly I took the easy road with a steamlink. However you can use a Pi 3B to get the job done.
Also there is the microsoft wireless display adapter but compatibility is a bit random.

Marlock

PissedCrow said:
Yo,

after doing a quick search and getting no results, I came to the conclusion there was no thread about streaming your PC on your TV, so I hope I'm not creating an already existing thread. Forgive me if that's the case, I'm just a humble drunk french crow.

I wanted to have you guys' opinions on what are the best ways to stream a PC on a Smart TV ; I love the moonlight app, but unfortunately I own a Samsung Smart TV ('cause I'm an idiot) and its OS apparently doesn't recognize .apk so I can't install it via USB. 'Been diggin' around the web for some time and it seems everyone else is using LG TVs, Apple TVs, Nvidia Shield TV.... and I'm a fool for using a Samsung one.

Do you think there is an alternative for me to stream using only an app or am I condemned to use a dongle like a chromecast

Note : I don't want to use the Steam Link app (as much as possible I'd like to be free of any platform like Steam)

If you guys got an idea, I'm all ears...
If not, welp, what are my best options ?

Minimze steamlink and you will stream pc desktop on ur samsung tv. Google it, works well on my 7 series

PissedCrow

oh I already configured my steam link to start on my desktop, so that's not a problem.

I was just wondering if there was another way to stream your PC on the TV without going through Steamlink... seems there isn't but I wanted to make sure. I shot myself in the foot when I bought a Samsung Smart TV 'cause others smart TV can install .apk and use Moonlight.

Guess I'll try to buy a cast, if you guys have any specific recommendations...?

Kremiso

Site Supporter
i would like to know the best solution to cast from a smartphone too.
the other day i was trying without success to connect (for a friend) an IPhone7 with a Sony Bravia OLED, using wi-fi, bluetooth, Google Home + Chromecast, but nothing, seem the tv does not recognize the phone at all...user friendly my balls lol