Video Game Weirdness

MaximumRD

Site Supporter
What is the strangest place you have played a video game?
What is the longest you've attempted to repair a computer/console non-stop?
Have you ever had nightmares about games?
Have you ever played a game that was too scary to play?

Blast from the past! WOW! One thing leads to another and I came across THIS fun old video where I responded to some video game related questions. I am always amused particularly because I just don't remember videos I did like this 10 years ago, mostly because I just answer off the top of my head, fun to see my answers and what I was into at the time, who I was responding to and connected with etc. Just sharing some fun little stories but interesting if anyone wants to answer the same questions today.

Q: What is the strangest place you have played a video game?
A: It was few years ago, i was working as wedding limo driver , live but boring music band ,unusual boring wedding, and i was sitting behind full tables of food and drinks with other guests , all girls either ugly or taken, and boring convesationists, so i take out my phone and started playing Mistic Quest right there lol.

Q: What is the longest you've attempted to repair a computer/console non-stop?
A: Since i am not much of tech guy, most i do was i once spend 3-4 hours trying to combine 2 not-working PS2 consoles in one working.

Q: Have you ever had nightmares about games?
A: Possible, but since i forget my complete dream as soon i wake up , i dont remeber.
Q: Have you ever played a game that was too scary to play?
A: No, some games manage to suprise or shake me for a sec , but thats it, i am not easily scared.

A: On I-65 north headed to Purdue.

A: I have an unfair advantage here. I was the Dell repair guy that would come to a house. At the Data center for AT&T I spent 14 hours straight repairing a laptop. It did not help matters much that they gave me the wrong Image for the machine twice.

A: Does having a nightmare that my Neo Geo AES was broken count?

A: Resident Evil one during a thunder storm and the power went out

What is the strangest place you have played a video game?
I can only think that I played in the kitchen.

What is the longest you've attempted to repair a computer/console non-stop?
A notebook on one of my clients that is has been in repair for a week. Because I didn't have the replacement part but I got as soon as possible. And also, the HDD was in critical condition and yet, I was trying to rescue the files from the disk. It took 3 days to finish, and the success rate was %90. Some files are were damaged but the important ones were saved.

Have you ever had nightmares about games?
I think I did. I dreamed about being arrested for a murder. And yet, I didn't do anything. But all the evidence linked to me. Then I wake up, breathed a little heavy. I was amazed about how the heck I had a nightmare about it. (Guess the game!)

Have you ever played a game that was too scary to play?
That would be Outlast

What is the strangest place you have played a video game? In a cemetery.

What is the longest you've attempted to repair a computer/console non-stop? It was my first psp, it feel from my backpack and broke the power switch and smashed up the case in a few places. I worked on it from 5pm to 3am. I made a new switch for it using pieces of a paper clip and the original switch parts. I fixed the case with super glue and baking soda. But I spent most a lot of the time just taking everything apart and admiring how some much was crammed into such a small form factor!

Have you ever had nightmares about games? No I've had many dreams about games playing them and having fun. Other dreams about finding a new retro game store in town that has a lot of cool games but when I go to pick out games I go blind. But I wouldn't call that a nightmare either. The closest thing I've had to a nightmare with games is more of hardware, to be specific I always have bad dreams about my wife's computer not working right and I wake up sweaty and I immediately go turn it on and use my normal tools to find viruses and I've always found some pretty bad viruses on it.

Have you ever played a game that was too scary to play? I have not and I honestly envy people that get scared of games and movies. I think it would be really fun to get that into a game that it actually makes me scared!

(04-21-2020, 09:29 PM)cYpxHSx Wrote:What is the longest you've attempted to repair a computer/console non-stop?
A notebook on one of my clients that is has been in repair for a week. Because I didn't have the replacement part but I got as soon as possible. And also, the HDD was in critical condition and yet, I was trying to rescue the files from the disk. It took 3 days to finish, and the success rate was %90. Some files are were damaged but the important ones were saved.

Holy crap you do Data recovery!?!?
I don't even offer that anymore. I use to charge $150 per gig of attempted recovery with a 50% recovery rate and still thought I was undercharging.
Data recovery is a damn mess to deal with and just not worth it to me.
Kudos to those who want to deal with that. All the respect in the world.

Hahaha, okay... Playing Tetris on a gameboy in an abandoned house, while sitting in a Pantree...
Yeah, myself and some friends were fekking about when I was in my youth (Back when Gameboys were the rage!)
so we went looking for something to do, long story short, we were playing hide and seek, I found a great spot.
So great it took the hunter ages to find me, so I turned on the gameboy and sat playing Tetris until I lost or got board...
things you do as "Young adults" lol

Personally I like sitting on the train with my PSP3000 with Megadrive Emulator running with sonic.SEGA ! (Sonic music works great lol)

ZX81v2

Well the strangest place was playing on the floor since we just moved in and nothing arrived it was a win 98 pc and that is also where i played my first emulator NESticle

Never really fixed anything the most i did was put the win cd to fix some missing files and it didn't take much time

Can't remember the game but i had a dream when i was little that i went outside and had my head cut off by some fast green thing

And nope haven't found a game that's really scary

A: A bowling alley playing pong on a arcade machine while on acid

A: - nil -

A: many times... ever since that bowling alley night

A: yes... during that bowling alley night

Biggsy666 said:
^ It was the bowling that did, not the acid
lol.gif

You just might be right Biggsy666 lol

it was so long ago

Back