Xbox orange light

xtendead

hey guys i was hoping that anyone here could help me out with my OGxbox

The thing is after i set my xbox to a 720p settings and turning it off .. it won't turn on anymore, i always get a 3 orange light like when it powers on it will turn to a orange light and suddenly will turn off and this will happen three times ... i was really getting frustrated as i really don't know how to fix it but i tried cleaning it replacing the thermal paste removing the modchip but im still getting the same error ...

hoping the someone here knows how to fix it cause me and my little brother are having a tons of good times playing this beast..

My xbox is version 1.6 and it has an alladin chip installed on it ..

The general consensus for a blinking orange light is that it is an AV error. So it could be bad cables, Bad port, Bad resolution.
Sometimes modchip installs and uninstalls can throw the same error because it is not part of the original hardware and the firmware is guessing.

The general consensus for a blinking orange light is that it is an AV error. So it could be bad cables, Bad port, Bad resolution.
Sometimes modchip installs and uninstalls can throw the same error because it is not part of the original hardware and the firmware is guessing.
then does this mean that my xbox won't be fix anymore ?? pls i hope it's still fixable ... we got tons of gamesaves and awesome homebrew installed on this boy ...

This is all just a guess without the proper diagnostic tools. (expensive and possibly rare)
Most research says that orange blinking light is an AV error.

I was reading online. It might be that the video chip, might of went bad. Since everything you mention you tried didn't work,
This might help you, with your problem. Here----> (ORIGINAL XBOX REPAIR GUIDE)
just wanna say thanks for sharing .. i also have a xbox 1.0 model and evertime i power it on it's not giving me any audio or video .. its a solid green and when i tried pressing the eject button it will blink but the disc drive won't eject at all.. i read on that repair guide that it's a coma xbox error .. I tried the fix too but sadly it didn't work on me ...

I hear it trying to boot up, and its not going anywhere. Sounds like the power board went out. I don't know if this is the answer. Just going by what I read. Good chance that it is.

Last edited:
I hear it trying to boot up, and its not going anywhere. Sounds like the power board went out. I don't know if this is the answer. Just going by what I read. Good chance that it is.
not sure but this xbox is working properly before this just happen when i switched from 480p to 720p settings on my xbmc it gave me a blank screen and after turning it off that error in my youtube video happen

That's weird. I don't have a direct answer on this one. Maybe the Dashboard can't handle the signal making the Xbox shut down. Try another dashboard. Different situation. Had a problem with Family Guy. I get a black screen with UnleashX. But if I use XBMC it would work fine.Thats if I use disc. If I play off of hardrive worked no matter what dashboard. So I'm thinking the dashboard is causing this error. When you go from 480 to 720, the Xbox refuses to except it and shuts down. I use a AV to HDMI converter have no problems. I have used a component cable. I got screen flicker when using it. So might be the video signal device causing a interference. Making the error causing the Xbox to shutdown. All you can do is backtrack, figure out where the problem started.

Back